U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 05:49 PM

578 posts, read 1,759,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
OK so this weekend I watched "Dead Silence" (a horror movie) and "World Trade Center".

I guess next weekend i DESPERATELY need a light, happy, silly, funny and UPLIFTING movie rental lol.

Any recommendations? Preferably I'd like to watch in HD-DVD but when I browse the HD-DVD list on Netflix I can only find gruesome, sad or boring movies so I guess I'll just pick a regular DVD.
Try choosing from the Sundance Film Festival Awards winners; nothing good coming outta L.A./Hollywood? then Foreign Genre is the way to go (IMHO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2007, 06:02 PM

578 posts, read 1,759,181 times
Thumbs up Get the Most for your DVD Rentals? try this...

To get the most for your money on your netflix membership; try Browsing the "genre list" on the right of page. I found that they try to 'push you' into getting stupid stuff 'based on your selections'. They recommend things I've watched in 1980s & 90s...OMG I feel "..hey,they got some nerve"... wasting my time with this crap, OR assuming what I would like. I hate it when ad men try to get into your brain, telling you what you need to see. My tastes run 'outside the norm' anyways. Technically, since I am a Child of The Sixties...there is a lot of stuff a 25yr old nerd cannot decide ''what i need to rent''....right?

So go to the Genre and Sub-Genre lists. I'm not sure what the Blue Ray is, but its probably the HD that you wanted. Myself? I dont bother with HD, it makes the people look short, wide and fat! Plus, my eyesight isnt that good to begin with. My son insists on HD, I told him I DONT NEED IT ANYWAYS! It just makes the cartoon colors brighter to me. (IMO)

Okay: hope this suggestion helps for your netflix queue. I found it most helpful to stick with the Award Winners, NOT listen to the Critic Reviews,,,BUT DO listen to the Member Reviews (on this forum & their site) at Netflix. GOOD LUCK, lemme know what you tried. you can discuss further with me at HeleneMayer55@hotmaildotcom
(typed like that for censors bypass)

Old 08-15-2007, 01:57 PM

7,479 posts, read 11,015,381 times
Last night my wife and I watched Fracture, starring Anthony Hopkins & Ryan Gosling. If you enjoy great acting ( Anthony Hopkins is one of the best ever....a true master ) along with intense drama, you'll love this movie. I highly recommend it.

regards....Franco
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies