U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,460,004 times

Advertisements

Just saw it, and I really liked it. There literally were lots of laugh out loud moments, for me anyway. Kristin Wiig did a great job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:35 AM

11,672 posts, read 13,870,759 times
I felt like the advertisements and previews were deceptive, playing this up as a feel-good girls' night out movie. There was no hint that the lead character was going to be depressed and pathetic most of the time.

A friend and I were both going through a not so great time when we went to the theatre to see this, thinking it might be good for laughs. Bummer.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:18 PM

1,030 posts, read 938,120 times
I really want to see this movie!! is there anywhere on the internet where I can watch it?

Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

13,991 posts, read 10,131,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Kristin Wiig did a great job!
Not much of a spoiler, but still:

Spoiler
I loved it when she was trying to act like she didn't have food poisoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I felt like the advertisements and previews were deceptive, playing this up as a feel-good girls' night out movie. There was no hint that the lead character was going to be depressed and pathetic most of the time.
Yeah, there was a lot more of that than I expected.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:42 PM

5,758 posts, read 9,485,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
I refuse to watch movies in the theaters also. I will not contribute to the overpaid lifestyles of these these actors or the studios that employ them. I wait for it to hit HBO or cable. I am in no hurry to see any movie.

The last movie I saw in the theater was "The Perfect Storm".

You do realize that any time you are purchasing a product in any place you are helping contribute to overpaid lifestyles of someone, right? You can not so much as purchase a stick of bubble gum without doing that.

If you subscribe to cable and more specifically, HBO, you are lining the pockets of the executives for those companies and the same studios that get revenue from you going to a movie also receive revenue from - you guessed it - people who subscribe to cable and movie channels. So, if you do not want to line those pockets you need to drop your cable service. While you are at it you shouldnt rent or purchase movies either because they get money from those too.

You are refusing to do something because of some principal and it doesnt make a damn bit of sense because you are just doing the same exact thing through another method and robbing yourself of the movie going experience while you are at it. Life is too short not to enjoy going to a movie every once in awhile. They are going to get your money one way or another.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 PM

12,263 posts, read 8,989,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I agree. This movie is no Hangover, and it only has one or two mildly funny moments.

It relies on excruciating humor...the lead character, who's life has fallen completely apart, has a minor breakdown at her best friends shower and destroys everything. It's painful to watch, and not the least bit funny, and much of the movie is like this. Give it a pass.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:19 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,560,619 times
I just finished watching this film. Overall, I am glad I borrowed this movie from a friend, because $1 at Redbox would have been a waste of money. Aside from the bridal store scene and a couple scenes at the end, the movie was flat-out a POS. It was depressing. I was expecting a movie full of laughs and as the movie went on, I was wondering when Kristen Wiig's character was going to commit suicide! I had high hopes for Bridesmaids. Oh well. If you want to feel depressed, watch this film!

Old 10-20-2011, 06:22 AM

13,036 posts, read 21,516,228 times
I went in expecting a lot , because of excellent reviews and must admit I was terribly disappointed .

There were a couple of mildly amusing moments and a few good lines but on the whole I thought it was rather dull, overdone and a little predictable. Acting was good throughout but I felt it did not manage to save a fairly lacklustre script.

Maybe it is because I am not a "girly-girl" or not really into female bonding ( and subsequent falling outs ensuing) but I did find it a tad boring. Not too keen on some of the grosser moments either. For me it went with a wimper rather than a bang, and was grossly over rated and over publicised.

Old 10-26-2011, 02:07 AM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I went in expecting a lot , because of excellent reviews and must admit I was terribly disappointed .

There were a couple of mildly amusing moments and a few good lines but on the whole I thought it was rather dull, overdone and a little predictable. Acting was good throughout but I felt it did not manage to save a fairly lacklustre script.

Maybe it is because I am not a "girly-girl" or not really into female bonding ( and subsequent falling outs ensuing) but I did find it a tad boring. Not too keen on some of the grosser moments either. For me it went with a wimper rather than a bang, and was grossly over rated and over publicised.
I was disappointed as well!

Old 10-29-2011, 05:29 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,617,916 times
After I watched it this week, I thought to myself "well that was a waste of 2 hours and a dollar." Very overrated and only 2 mildly funny scenes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or