U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
When I was a kid I remember watching the first Planet of the Apes movie and seeing the apes for the first time, on horseback in the fields gathering the humans, that really scared the crap out of me. I had nightmares for days after that.
Ditto!
The thought that we came from the apes and possibly going back to this beginning is enough to induce a nightmare...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,376,989 times
That's true. And I even had the benefit of watching it without knowing about the twist at the end that everybody knows by now, so it was really a mind bender for me, I was like "Oh man! He was on Earth this whole time! The planet of the apes is Earth!"

Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 AM

9,447 posts, read 7,595,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Ditto. Another example of Hollywood having no new ideas, no new stories to tell, so they just recycle old stuff.

No different than TV. Why are the majority of TV shows about Lawyers/Cops/Doctors? It's like there aren't thousands of other professions that can be the basis for a TV show.

Old 06-04-2011, 05:41 PM

924 posts, read 1,034,127 times
I dont care how smart they are no way they take over the world. Navy Seal team 6 would kill them all in a week. I wonder Hollywood is going to sell this puppy.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:34 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,832,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
I dont care how smart they are no way they take over the world. Navy Seal team 6 would kill them all in a week. I wonder Hollywood is going to sell this puppy.
Some people are speculating that a disease kills off many humans but not the chimps/gorillas, meaning it will be very few humans vs very few chimps/gorillas. IDK, should be interesting to see what the movie does.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:08 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,718,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by River_Dawg View Post
Not sure about the new flick, but in the old Apes movies, they explained this:

One of the space missions brings back a virus that wipes out all of Earth’s cats and dogs. People begin keeping primates as pets.

Through selective breeding, people breed the larger apes until they are smart enough to perform basic labor tasks. After a decade or so, the apes are smart enough that they are essentially slaves.

Caesar leads the apes in revolution, but they do NOT “conquer” the world. After the revolution, Caesar leads the apes off into the wilderness where they hide out. A year or so later, World War III starts and goes nuclear. Human society wipes itself out, and the apes take over.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:17 AM

3,552 posts, read 5,376,989 times
Which of course prompts Charlton Heston to exclaim the immortal lines "You maniacs! You blew it all up! Damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 AM

17,032 posts, read 26,015,549 times
One of my favorite movie series when I was a kid. I'm cautiously looking forward to this.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:31 AM

999 posts, read 1,391,626 times
I am sorry but this looks stupid.

First of all, the apes look fake as hell. I mean they look good but at the same time very fake. I think it would drive me crazy having to watch them throughout the movie.

Second, where does this take place at San Fran right? I don't understand how 25-50 apes (the make it seem like there are quite a few dozen) can start taking over the world in a metro where there is about 5 million people in the country with the strongest military in the world. To begin with how many apes are actually in cities? They make it seem like there would just be thousands upon thousands of apes in American cities.

The apes could easily cause some damage, but if this is really how the Planet of the Apes became the Planet of the Apes it just looks to stupid to me. Sorry it is just too far fetched for me. It's going to flop.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:51 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,769 posts, read 6,614,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I am sorry but this looks stupid.

First of all, the apes look fake as hell. I mean they look good but at the same time very fake. I think it would drive me crazy having to watch them throughout the movie.

Second, where does this take place at San Fran right? I don't understand how 25-50 apes (the make it seem like there are quite a few dozen) can start taking over the world in a metro where there is about 5 million people in the country with the strongest military in the world. To begin with how many apes are actually in cities? They make it seem like there would just be thousands upon thousands of apes in American cities.

The apes could easily cause some damage, but if this is really how the Planet of the Apes became the Planet of the Apes it just looks to stupid to me. Sorry it is just too far fetched for me. It's going to flop.
I guess that's why we gotta see the movie to see how the apes do it
You do realize this is fiction right?

The trailer looks great and it looks very entertaining. The Ceasar chimp is scary because he look so calculating, as if he is playing 4 games of chess in his mind and is 10 moves ahead of each opponent on each board.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or