U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:33 PM

13,140 posts, read 35,968,549 times

Advertisements

I was talking to someone at work about this thread and we got to talking about Caddyshack and it was like.... how could i forget the ''BabyRuth Candybar'' pool scene as i remember back in the 80's and 90's how that was always brought up in conversations....(formerly harry o)

Doodie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 06:00 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I was talking to someone at work about this thread and we got to talking about Caddyshack and it was like.... how could i forget the ''BabyRuth Candybar'' pool scene as i remember back in the 80's and 90's how that was always brought up in conversations....(formerly harry o)
heh
One of my favorite scenes, from one of my favorite movies.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:11 PM

1,497 posts, read 3,024,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post

Doodie!
What happened to harry o ???

Old 08-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
What happened to harry o ???
Time for a change my friend.....

After seeing so many cool poster names on here (City-Data) i decided it was time to add my own flavor to mine....

harry.....

Old 08-13-2007, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
heh
One of my favorite scenes, from one of my favorite movies.
Right on Cil ....as that is a great scene where he's dancing to Kenny Loggins....

There's so many great scenes in that movie as its up there with my all time favorates......harry....

Old 08-13-2007, 06:58 PM

4,721 posts, read 13,610,199 times
So many good ideas here,JASON,thanks for You tube links One scene you mentioned I did NOT like and it always made me do this is the gopher in CADDYSHACK,though the movie was a hoot....I will get a bit tawdry here,,but the scene in BODY HEAT,where William Hurt smashes the window to get to Kathleen Turner...DANG<<<I would have OPENED THE DOOR for him

Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM

960 posts, read 1,297,054 times
Bridges of Madison County - The last 5 minutes of the movie, nearly silent and absolutely gutt wrenching. Meryl Streeps character sees Clint Eastwoods character as he is leaving town. Does she unlock the pickup truck door and run into his truck?

Ahh...makes me teary just thinking about it.
Great scene.

Old 08-13-2007, 07:34 PM

6,550 posts, read 12,606,614 times
Lessee....

Glory - Final battle scene at Fort Wagner at the moment where Col. Shaw (Matthew Broderick) is shot climbing up to the fort and the entire regiment rallies for thier fallen leader.... Very emotional.

Gettysburg - Chamberlain (Jeff Daniels) at Little Round Top..... I know, no one here has probably seen it but it's a great movie...

Dances With Wolves - When Costner is leaving the tribe at the end and the one Sioux is screaming from the cliff "Dances with Wolves!!!! I am Wind in His Hair!!! Can't you see that you are my friend??? Can't you see that you will always be my friend???" Tears me up.... Good flick.

Rounders - "You are right.... I don't..... Have..... Spades...." Anyone who's ever played poker or gambled for real at all knows that ugly feeling in your stomach when you realize you've just lost all of your money...

LOTR - Fellowship - Frodo - "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had ever happened.."......... Gandalf - "So do all that live to see such times, but that is not for us to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us..." Every now and then a movie just has a line that says something so perfectly. This is one of those lines..

Old 08-13-2007, 09:54 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,560,289 times
Default Video clips - some faves

My previous post gave a list of some fave scenes. God Bless YouTube!

Fearless (Peter Weir, director), airliner crash scene:
(on second thought, not on this board)

Chinatown commentary:

YouTube - Chinatown DVD Extra: Retrospective Interviews (part 1 of 2)

YouTube - Chinatown DVD Extra: Retrospective Interviews (part 2 of 2)

Glengarry Glen Ross (Alec Baldwin scene):

Sideways (the wallet retrieval scene):

The Last Detail (Jack Nicholson, Randy Quaid):

YouTube - The Last Detail

After Hours (trailer):

YouTube - After Hours Trailer

Network (Howard Beale on-air monologue):

YouTube - Network- I'm Mad as Hell

The Searchers (John Ford, director) final scene, John Wayne in doorway:

YouTube - The Searchers - Ending Scene

Days of Heaven (Terence Malick, director), trailer:

YouTube - Days Of Heaven - Trailer

Mars Attacks (Tim Burton, director):

YouTube - Mars attacks! (Tim Burton, 1996)

Eraserhead (David Lynch, director), teaser trailer:

YouTube - David Lynch - Eraserhead - 6min Teaser

Blue Velvet (David Lynch, director), montage:

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-13-2007 at 10:43 PM..

Old 08-13-2007, 10:06 PM

4,721 posts, read 13,610,199 times
Wow,thanks Park I thought I was the only one who remembers "Eraserhead"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or