U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:27 PM

390 posts, read 800,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbondated View Post
Bridges of Madison County - The last 5 minutes of the movie, nearly silent and absolutely gutt wrenching. Meryl Streeps character sees Clint Eastwoods character as he is leaving town. Does she unlock the pickup truck door and run into his truck?

Ahh...makes me teary just thinking about it.
Great scene.
OMG,
I have seen Bridges probably 15 times and that scene still makes me cry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2007, 03:23 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
Wow,thanks Park I thought I was the only one who remembers "Eraserhead"
heh
I was *pregnant* when I saw that one. (think about it)

Other favorite scenes:

The Tango scene in Soldier of Orange: Erik (Dutch, behind WWII enemy lines, tangoes with an old friend who is now a high ranking German officer) The scene drips with irony, regret, and dark humor.

Fly Away Home
The cinematography of this film, based on a true story of teaching young geese to migrate, is nothing less than breathtaking.
I never get tired of it.
It is a story of healing, of making things better. The ending is so wrenching yet so peaceful--to me, that's a pretty good metaphor for life.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 AM

7,754 posts, read 16,447,829 times
VaFury wrote:
Dances With Wolves - When Costner is leaving the tribe at the end and the one Sioux is screaming from the cliff "Dances with Wolves!!!! I am Wind in His Hair!!! Can't you see that you are my friend??? Can't you see that you will always be my friend???" Tears me up.... Good flick.
WOW! This is a very poweful scene. I respond the same way.

blessings....Franco

Old 08-14-2007, 12:42 PM

4,708 posts, read 7,560,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
heh
I was *pregnant* when I saw that one. (think about it)

I think there is an argument that Eraserhead is basically a bad dream dreamt by a guy who is newly married (maybe not) and expecting. The tormented girlfriend/wife, getting to know the in-laws, the mysterious and unreachable attractive woman across the hall, fears about the baby, etc.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-14-2007 at 01:40 PM..

Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 PM

419 posts, read 2,022,178 times
I like the scene in American Psycho where they're showing off their business cards. To anyone who works with or is an executive, they know that for some completely ridiculous reason, business cards are actually the hype of the office.

I also like the scene in the big Mr. Bean film when the turkey explodes out of the microwave. A true classic.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:12 PM

6,525 posts, read 11,614,071 times
OH yeah and True Lies where Jamie Lee Curtis throws the gun down the stairs and it kills a dozen terrorists.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:44 PM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,367,930 times
wow, so many good ones already

1) about a million of them from Animal House: Flounder with the horse in the Dean's office, the famous Belushi "germans bombing pearl harbor speech"...

2) Godfather II when Keaton tells Pacino she had an abortion

3) Boogie Nights--the scene where the three guys are sitting in the drug dealer's house (with fake drugs), Sister Christian playing in the background, the short guy blowing off firecrackers every few seconds--wow that was tense

4) Braveheart when the scots meet the irish in the battle..and then join up together

5) The opening speech in Patton

Old 08-14-2007, 09:25 PM

103 posts, read 358,794 times
I know a lot from you,than you!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 PM

51,049 posts, read 29,133,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Both - but the beach scene stands out as maybe the best piece of cinematography ever.
I definitely agree.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 PM

51,049 posts, read 29,133,009 times
Mel Gibson's The Passion of The Christ, when Jesus is being crucified, and Roman soldiers are pounding the nails into his hands and feet and he shouts (in Aramaic) "Father forgive them, they know not what they do!" - That right there says it all about Jesus and how much he loved us, despite our human imperfections, and also how God is willing to forgive us for our inequities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or