U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 02:06 PM

7,531 posts, read 11,420,246 times

Advertisements

A Few Good Men when Jack Nicholson says, "You can't handle the truth!"

The line "You can't handle the truth!" was voted the twenty-ninth greatest American movie quote of all-time by the American Film Institute.

This was a great movie with an all star cast.

blessings....Franco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 02:40 PM

43,168 posts, read 20,143,246 times
I don't know if anyone here has already posted this, but Jackie Gleason in Smokey And The Bandit, with Burt Reynolds and Sally Field (1977) had some good scenes in there.

One with Sheriff Buford T. Justice and his son were in their car going pretty fast and they see a trailer up ahead blocking the road, and Sheriff Justice doesn't have enough time to stop, so he slams on the brakes and tells his son "Duck or you'll be talkin' out of your a$$". The car goes under the trailer and the top gets sliced off completely and they end up with a convertible!

Son: <Startled> Daddy! The top came off!!!
Sheriff Justice: Nooo sh**!

Last edited by Magnum Mike; 08-20-2007 at 02:49 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 03:02 PM

Another scene from Smokey And The Bandit, Sheriff Justice parks his car on the side of the road and leaves the door open to go talk to a tow truck driver, who was cleaning up an accident scene, which the Bandit (Burt Reynolds) had caused earlier. While he was talking to the tow truck driver, they show a Japanese semi-truck driver coming down the road and he aims to hit the Sheriff's car door. Right before he hits it, he yells "Bonzai!", and tears the driver's side door right off. Sheriff Justice gets out of the way, and after the trucker does his deed, Sheriff Justice raises his fist in anger and yells:

Sheriff: I saw that you som-bitc*!! You did that on purpose! You're goin' away till you're gray! I got the evidence right here! [speaks to his son] Put the evidence in the car.
Son: But Daddy...
Sheriff: Put the evidence in the car!
[shouting to trucker again]
Sheriff: I'm gonna barbeque yo' a$$ in molasses!

Old 08-22-2007, 10:28 PM

1,815 posts, read 4,266,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grass Is Greener View Post
"Mulholland Drive" - Roy Orbison's CRYING is sung in Spanish at the Club Silencio
Hell yea, that whole Club Silencio scene is incredible.

YouTube - Mulholland drive Club Silencio

Last edited by via chicago; 08-22-2007 at 10:39 PM..

Old 08-23-2007, 02:55 PM

688 posts, read 1,128,098 times
One of my favorites is a scene from Imitation of Life. The daughter who has rejected her mother her entire life, runs behind her mother's casket crying for her. When she reaches the casket she's crying, " Momma, Momma. I'm sorry Momma." I cry every time.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:51 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,582,655 times
Any scene from "Airplane!"....that movie cracks me up! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/6.gif (broken link)

Old 08-26-2007, 08:33 PM

941 posts, read 2,303,158 times
The end of Sixth Sense blew me away but the scene that really touches me is when the kid explains to his mother what is going on while they are in the car. Toni Colett shoulda got an oscar.
Loved the ending of "Jagged Edge".

Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Any scene from "Airplane!"....that movie cracks me up! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/6.gif (broken link)
Don't you mean that movie SURELY [Shirley] cracks you up?

I like that movie also!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 AM

20,583 posts, read 16,884,040 times
Any part of the movie Rockstar, but too, the best part is when Chris was called for an audition with the real Steel Dragon band after a big blowup with his former Steel Dragon tribute band members. That was awesome!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:57 AM

1,921 posts, read 963,379 times
Anybody like the exercise montage in rocky 4 with all the music. Its cool when Rocky is working out in the russian mountains getting ready for a fight for pure revenge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies