Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 08:28 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,854,254 times

Advertisements

When I was growing up as a kid, it seemed that everyone loved Roger Moore. In fact, no one even wanted to talk about Sean Connery. He was that guy from the "old" films that weren't nearly as exciting as the new ones which Moore was in. The RM movies were always huge blockbusters.

But nowadays, it seems like Connery's films have become even more popular than Moore.

Is this true? What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
When I was growing up as a kid, it seemed that everyone loved Roger Moore. In fact, no one even wanted to talk about Sean Connery. He was that guy from the "old" films that weren't nearly as exciting as the new ones which Moore was in. The RM movies were always huge blockbusters.

But nowadays, it seems like Connery's films have become even more popular than Moore.

Is this true? What gives?
Connery overall is the better actor.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:02 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
When I was growing up, it seemed that everyone loved Roger Moore. In fact, no one even wanted to talk about Sean Connery. He was that guy from the "old" films...
I'm sorry; you were born a few years too late. Sean Connery WAS James Bond. James Bond 007 - Sean Connery

Old 05-28-2011, 06:52 PM

8,301 posts, read 13,434,842 times
I didn't think Sean Connery was a better actor than Roger Moore, especially back then. I always liked Roger Moore as James Bond, visually he seemed to fit the role better with his refined, classy look. Sean Connery, not so much. To me, he looked more like a mercenary.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:19 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Roger Moore is James Bond to me. I never cared for the Sean Connery movies as much the ones Moore did as his successor. I think Moore lends a level of un-snooty, fun, sophistication to the role.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:36 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I'm sorry; you were born a few years too late. Sean Connery WAS James Bond. James Bond 007 - Sean Connery

I like Roger Moore as James Bond as well, but...

"There are seven genuine movie stars in the world today, and Sean Connery is one of them."
Steven Spielberg

And I agree...one of the few great actors that really made it big...this also serve as an answer to the OP question "why?"

Old 05-28-2011, 07:46 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I didn't think Sean Connery was a better actor than Roger Moore, especially back then. I always liked Roger Moore as James Bond, visually he seemed to fit the role better with his refined, classy look. Sean Connery, not so much. To me, he looked more like a mercenary.
Not much acting is needed for Bond films. However, Connery is definitely the better talent and the better Bond [imo]. He IS bond. He had the swag, mannerisms, voice, moves and all. Roger Moore did Bond well though, but he was no Connery.

Old 05-29-2011, 07:08 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
I grew up with Roger Moore as Bond, and due to that I thought I didn't like James Bond movies. The ones with Moore are so cheesy.

Then I saw the older films with Sean Connery as Bond - WOW. No comparison. He was born for the role.

Surprisingly, I also thought Pierce Brosnan did an acceptable job, up unil the one with Halle Barry.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:45 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
I always like Connery better, I never cared for Moore.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:25 PM

26,778 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
I didn't think Sean Connery was a better actor than Roger Moore, especially back then. I always liked Roger Moore as James Bond, visually he seemed to fit the role better with his refined, classy look. Sean Connery, not so much.
Lol, totally agree with you + Roger Moore is as abstract as James Bond himself. Love the subtle humor of episodes with R.M.
Sean Connery is a great actor, he is just not James Bond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies