Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:09 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,642,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruschi 415 View Post
haha tightwad thats pretty harsh. I'm in school right now doing just fine with a netflix account.
Carry a perfect 4.0 GPA do ya? If not then you don't have time for Netflix either!

School is to costly to screw around with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 07:20 AM

7 posts, read 6,450 times
Definitely get netflix- you won't regret it. I got it last october and I absolutely loooove it.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:24 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Do yourself a favor, op, and don't get a tv while you're in college. Force yourself to watch important stuff with the crowd downstairs in the dorm lounge.

You will get so much more out of it (college and your tv watching).

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM

8 posts, read 8,730 times
i think that now you can sign up on this site without a .edu email so everyone can get that deal eventually

Old 06-16-2011, 01:46 PM

14 posts, read 23,385 times
I think I'm going to go for it. Does Netflix have a cancellation fee if I decide I don't want it anymore?

Old 06-16-2011, 02:17 PM

169 posts, read 158,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGrl View Post
Hi Guys

I'm trying to decide whether I should buy netflix. A lot of my friends at school have it and they watch it all the time. I know that they have a lot of good stuff on it, but I'm not sure whether its worth the price. I mean, will I really even watch that much stuff at school? What do you people that have it think of it?
worth every penny -- for $9 a month you can get a movie sent and unlimited movies on instant view -- well worth it.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:47 PM

2,698 posts, read 12,145,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Carry a perfect 4.0 GPA do ya? If not then you don't have time for Netflix either!

School is to costly to screw around with.
If sitting down and watching the boob tube for a few hours every once in a while keeps you from passing school, you have other issues going on.

OP, I can't see how you can go wrong with Netflix. It's so cheap it's silly, plus it lets you watch what you want to watch when you want to watch it. No more letting that 4.0 GPA slip because you HAD to stay up late to watch the latest episode of The Real World.

If you plan to use it solely for streaming, you may want to ask around and see if a friend or family member already has an account. You can register multiple devices to one account (hint hint).

Mike

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 PM

156 posts, read 288,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieGrl View Post
I think I'm going to go for it. Does Netflix have a cancellation fee if I decide I don't want it anymore?

No cancellation fees. You can cancel it before the next billing cycle if you are absolutely sure you're finished with it. OR, you can put your account on hold and they will store all of your info for up to three years I joined netflix back in 2006, I believe, for a class that I had; I put my membership on hold for a couple years, came back and voila! Everything was as I had left it.

Some people complain that the new releases do not come out quick enough, but there are so many other movie options that you can try out in the interim; that doesn't really bother me. I also have my Wii programmed to stream the movies so we're having lots of fun over here. We currently do the unlimited streaming and unlimited one dvd out at a time for about $11/month. Happy watching!

Old 06-17-2011, 07:25 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,118,291 times
I would say no. Check out this site for free movie and tv shows.

Letmewatchthis.com

Old 07-06-2011, 10:58 AM

8 posts, read 8,730 times
BLockbuster down the street closed down (to be expected...) so I went for it. So far worth the monthly fee. just wish i could stream it on my phone but i don't have unlimited data so it eats up like a lot of it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies