U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 02:49 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,198,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
It seems the best way to enjoy a movie nowdays without repeatedly adjusting the volume is using headphones.
Why wouldn't the volume change come through on headphones????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Is it just me or are the commercials on the internet getting more and more annoying????

Now they are loud like TV commercials and fricken 30 seconds. Is there a device that can shut off internet commercials much like the dvd recorders that blank commercials????

Old 06-17-2012, 11:12 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,163,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Is it just me or are the commercials on the internet getting more and more annoying????

Now they are loud like TV commercials and fricken 30 seconds. Is there a device that can shut off internet commercials much like the dvd recorders that blank commercials????
No, it isn't just you. When I click on a video I want to see and the commercial come on, it blasts through at twice the volume of the regular video. They used to do this on TV until the government finally stepped in a regulated it. I wish they would do the same thing with internet commercials. Yahoo! is especially bad about this. Sometimes I can't click the mute fast enough and it blasts my eardrums. Stop assaulting my ears!

Old 06-17-2012, 11:23 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This is what ticks me off about so many movies. I have to turn up the volume to hear the unclear/muffled dialogue. Then when you come to an action scene it is just overkill with the fricken volume. Why, oh why can't the video editors just even things out a little, clearer dialogue with more volume and less eardrum shattering during the action scenes???

Is it just me or does this bother others?????

PS: my hearing is fine.
We have this problem BAD with our Sherlock Holmes (the first RDJr one)...you couldn't hear a darn thing anyone would say, but then BAM! WAY TOO LOUD. It was awful.

This is happening more, my wife and I have noticed.

I had to go buy a sound bar to help with audio for dvds now. TV is fine.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
No, it isn't just you. When I click on a video I want to see and the commercial come on, it blasts through at twice the volume of the regular video. They used to do this on TV until the government finally stepped in a regulated it. I wish they would do the same thing with internet commercials. Yahoo! is especially bad about this. Sometimes I can't click the mute fast enough and it blasts my eardrums. Stop assaulting my ears!

And the fricken internet ads.........I do not remember 30 SECOND ads until recently. I don't know about you, but no way in h*** am I going to watch 30 seconds of dreck......I mute it ASAP. More and more the ads HIDE the actual time of the ad to trick you about how long their cr***y commercial is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies