U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 07:46 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some1Azn View Post
Rosemary's Baby (1968)

That movie was pretty interesting to say the least.
This reminds me of "Blind Terror" (See no Evil) 1971.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 07:58 PM

21,260 posts, read 20,859,174 times
Ship of Fools (1965) and Gigot (1969). I'd be surprised if anyone here has seen either of these.

Last edited by Katzpur; 06-27-2011 at 08:11 PM..

Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 AM

"A Summer Place" 1959 with Troy Donahue and Sandra Dee.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 AM

15,636 posts, read 14,689,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Ship of Fools (1965) and Gigot (1969). I'd be surprised if anyone here has seen either of these.
Ship of Fools is one of my favorite movies. I became obsessed with Oskar Werner because of that movie. The entire cast is amazing. There is not a bad performance in that movie.

I'm so thankful for the comic relief of Lee Marvin's character. It's a deep, thinking-man's movie. This is one case where the movie was actually better than the book.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
"A Summer Place" 1959 with Troy Donahue and Sandra Dee.
I've got that movie and when I want to recall what young love is like I watch it. Another one of that genre is "Parish.'

"Suddenly Last Summer" is another good one. Liz Taylor, Montgomery Clift (did you know he was Eleanor Clift's bro-in-law?), Katherine Hepburn. Good story and great cast.

Old 06-28-2011, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've got that movie and when I want to recall what young love is like I watch it. Another one of that genre is "Parish.'

"Suddenly Last Summer" is another good one. Liz Taylor, Montgomery Clift (did you know he was Eleanor Clift's bro-in-law?), Katherine Hepburn. Good story and great cast.
I have seen "Suddenly Last Summer" around the same time I've watched "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
Another good one with Liz Taylor is "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" though, I don't think it qualifies, since it won 5 Oscars (hardly obscure).

Old 06-28-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I have seen "Suddenly Last Summer" around the same time I've watched "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
Another good one with Liz Taylor is "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" though, I don't think it qualifies, since it won 5 Oscars (hardly obscure).
I have a collection of Taylor/Burton movies that I got in a set. I remember seeing the movies when they came out but didn't care for them at the time. I rewatched them when I got the set and was surprised at how good some of them were.

The VIP's
The Commedians
The Sandpiper

They did make some lemons together but I really liked the three above.

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" just about killed me. I'm being a bit dramatic but that movie just tore me up. It is a classic with 4 wonderful performances but the rabid character made me so nervous. I think it is a very hard movie to watch.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:53 AM

22,225 posts, read 5,499,499 times
An older pretty obscure film I'm fond of is 'Man of la Mancha' with Peter O'Toole and
Sophia Loren. Peter can sometime chew the scenary in some of his films, but in this
one he is very good. Their are some good tunes like 'To dream the impossible dream'
which is a nice song. Plus plenty of eye candy with Sophia!

Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 AM

2,179 posts, read 2,811,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I have a collection of Taylor/Burton movies that I got in a set. I remember seeing the movies when they came out but didn't care for them at the time. I rewatched them when I got the set and was surprised at how good some of them were.

The VIP's
The Commedians
The Sandpiper

They did make some lemons together but I really liked the three above.

"Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" just about killed me. I'm being a bit dramatic but that movie just tore me up. It is a classic with 4 wonderful performances but the rabid character made me so nervous. I think it is a very hard movie to watch.
As great as everyone was in that movie, Elizabeth Taylor was unforgettable. Can be hard to watch, depending on what kind of mood you're in, but one of my all time favorites.

Saw one a few weeks ago that I'd only caught glimpses of prior.. "52 Pick Up" with Roy Scheider and Ann Margaret.. worth checking out.

Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
An older pretty obscure film I'm fond of is 'Man of la Mancha' with Peter O'Toole and
Sophia Loren. Peter can sometime chew the scenary in some of his films, but in this
one he is very good. Their are some good tunes like 'To dream the impossible dream'
which is a nice song. Plus plenty of eye candy with Sophia!
One of my timeless classics, besides...I love the song as much as I love the Poem "If"!
"Camelot" with Richard Harris and Vanessa Redgrave for those who enjoy movie musicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or