Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
You know what? I mentioned Dial M for Murder, but I think that I was thinking of Midnight Lace! Is that the one with Rex Harrison as her husband.. I'll google and get back to this... Yes, as I thought. I was thinking of Lace, the Doris Day thing and misspoke. They're both good, but I prefer Midnight Lace.

Dial M for Murder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Midnight Lace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rex was so sinister when he revealed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 05:51 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,404,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Rex was so sinister when he revealed

Yeah, I remember that. Honestly, I think that duo just worked better..

Old 06-16-2011, 06:12 PM

274 posts, read 370,882 times
Spoiler?

Old 06-16-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datacity12 View Post
Spoiler?
Did I give something away? Or are you asking if you can? If you want to, it won't bother me. Just maybe label it as such and skip down a few spaces.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:25 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Interesting choice of word there; of course I would like to hear a little, make that a lot more about that.

Yeah, they say that an actor can't play a part that is not in them, to one extent or another. Marilyn, maybe in contrast to her beauty, maybe not, had some issues. In that movie, (we don't want to give too much away), she has BIG issues. I think she was convincing as, what might be called a sociopath today. There was an eerie, otherworldly look she got, nearly kept on her face; but then of course, there was that angelic face. If you get to the other movie, you will see some semblance of the same.
Temporary insanity on my part, wished I had her beauty... Then I thought, nah!!! beauty is passing and ultimately, we'll all look the same, shriveled prunes when time catches up with us...

Yes...I agree!

Just a side banter btw...sorry for going off topic.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Temporary insanity on my part, wished I had her beauty... Then I thought, nah!!! beauty is passing and ultimately, we'll all look the same, shriveled prunes when time catches up with us...

Yes...I agree!

Just a side banter btw...sorry for going off topic.
Ha! Shriveled prunes, and that's only if we're lucky, if we're here that long.

No, side banter is good. More movies for you tonight? Or is it music? Or is it neither?

Old 06-16-2011, 07:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
Ha! Shriveled prunes, and that's only if we're lucky, if we're here that long.

No, side banter is good. More movies for you tonight? Or is it music? Or is it neither?
Glad to elicit a smile or two. I have downloaded a lot of good movies based on your OP recommendations...lined up to keep me entertained for the rest of the week...oblivious to anything else.
I am about to watch "Niagara" and if you want I'll fill you in on that tomorrow.

Music? I'm partial to mostly instrumental, sax or piano or both...but that would be for another thread.

Old 06-16-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Glad to elicit a smile or two. I have downloaded a lot of good movies based on your OP recommendations...lined up to keep me entertained for the rest of the week...oblivious to anything else.
I am about to watch "Niagara" and if you want I'll fill you in on that tomorrow.

Music? I'm partial to mostly instrumental, sax or piano or both...but that would be for another thread.

Hope you like Niagra. Cotten's not his typical stoic persona. Better, I think. I have some things I'm trying to be oblivious to. But I'm not as good at that as I used to be. You must be a jazz fan. Even if you're not, this movie is strange enough to be good. It's one of John Cassavettes' first, as a director. It stars Bobby Darin, might be his first as an actor, I'm not sure.

YouTube - ‪"Too Late Blues" trailer (John Cassavetes, 1962)‬‏

Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
What about "Quo Vadis" ?

Old 06-17-2011, 11:40 AM

5,012 posts, read 10,692,515 times
Quote:
Interesting choice of word there; of course I would like to hear a little, make that a lot more about that.

Yeah, they say that an actor can't play a part that is not in them, to one extent or another. Marilyn, maybe in contrast to her beauty, maybe not, had some issues. In that movie, (we don't want to give too much away), she has BIG issues. I think she was convincing as, what might be called a sociopath today. There was an eerie, otherworldly look she got, nearly kept on her face; but then of course, there was that angelic face. If you get to the other movie, you will see some semblance of the same.
Did she? I didn't know the woman and I don't rely on speculation and gossip as fact. I also don't "blame the victim" as it were. But from what I have read about her life, she went up against the studios several times in favor of more rights for herself as an actress, in an attempt to have more control over her career and her personal life. That is why, I imagine, she was and has been so greatly slandered. But a lot of it is bunk or, at least, was and has been skewed in order to discredit her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies