Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:26 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,952,551 times

Advertisements

I'll wait till they release Motel 6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2011, 11:46 PM

128 posts, read 284,101 times
It was so good!!!!! We loved it!! The best movie I have seen all summer. There is no sexual content in it, but there is some language and violence in it. My 10 year old loved it, but I would think 8 and under it might be to scary. I loved how it took place in the 70's. I also liked how it was filmed, the camera angels and such. Hard to explain but I really liked it.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:55 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,521,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
It was a very good movie although it was very very similar to ET and Goonies. I was not bored at all
You know I was thinking the same two movies...Goonies popped up in my mind first, but then I thought this was basically ET 2.0.

I was a little disappointed as I was expecting something a bit more grown up like Aliens so it threw a monkey wrench in it as it's about a bunch of 14 year olds and their issues and oh yeah we need to help this alien.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,361,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I was a little disappointed as I was expecting something a bit more grown up like Aliens so it threw a monkey wrench in it as it's about a bunch of 14 year olds and their issues and oh yeah we need to help this alien.
Yeah I went in thinking Cloverfield, which I loved as it was geared towards adults and was much more suspenseful. This was like Cloverfield, for kids.

And the ending, where the main kids is confronted with the monster...yeah, uh, nope, didn't make it for me.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,989,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
That isn't very nice...we all have different tastes. Some of us are like movie critics that can see every movie and appreciate some part of it and others stick to genres that they like and seldom step outside of it. In the defense of that user, sometimes it is so difficult to judge by a preview as to what type of genre some movies will fit into. I thought that Super 8 would be pretty scary but learned that it wasn't. If I was expecting a scary movie, I would have been really disappointed. I thought it was okay...but not something I must have in my DVD collection. I don't care to see it again. But, I can see why some would really love it.

I think it was nice.....bare with me.

She has had mostly complaints about the majority of the films she goes sees in the theater. And then comes out disappointed. It could not have mattered that many of the critics and viewers of the film had given the movie a good review. She comes out disappointed. That to me, means that she is hard to please person. And this goes to every type of her or him. If you are hard to be entertained just stay home. That way you don't waste your money or time, etc. Its a favor to us all.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:30 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,013,307 times
Just saw it a hour ago...
Its really good. .. Difinitely rewatchable!!!
Little bit of profanity.. But Nothing too extreme for young people.
I would not consider it a kiddie movie.
I like how it takes about a hour or so to get a decent look at the alien.

Its a movie where you dont want to miss anything or you might be lost for a few scenes.
Its really well written. It had scenes that made me jump, I wouldnt consider a horror though.

If you like Et, Close Encounters, you will probably like this.

Just to clear any confusion, this is NOT one of those disaster movies that feature a shaky handheld camera.

4/5 stars.. The best movie I have seen this year.

Also stay through the credits at the end..it shows the finished product of the movie the kids were working on.
Its pretty funny.

Last edited by Jermaine88; 06-13-2011 at 07:53 PM..

Old 06-14-2011, 12:07 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,334,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Also stay through the credits at the end..it shows the finished product of the movie the kids were working on.
Its pretty funny.
Thanks for the heads up. I usually can't sit through the endless end credits but I will this time.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:32 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,013,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I usually can't sit through the endless end credits but I will this time.
Yeah its not after the credits its, actually its during the credits. Sorry for the confusion.
It starts like a minute or so after the movie ends, lol so dont go rushing out of the theater when the first credits hit the screen.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,419,896 times
I liked it. We saw it in IMAX (4 bucks a ticket, can't beat it!), and I enjoyed the movie throughout. It takes quite a bit to keep me entertained throughout a full movie (talking to you, xmen 1st class....you boring movie you). I'd recommend it. Also Elle Fanning is going to grow up to be a fantastic actress, in my opinion.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,152,589 times
Excellent movie! A great old-fashioned 'Monster Film'. Loved everything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies