U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 10:39 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,008,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
You can't go wrong with girls, short skirts, and a katana sword.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day
I agree. This movie sucked. It was quite average and boring.

So what's really goin on?

Is this just a guy movie or is there an actual storyline here worth watching?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2012, 10:49 AM

696 posts, read 1,083,295 times
I haven't seen it yet, just agree with Visit a Library's comment in general. I have to rent it from Redbox and watch it, may be willl do it this weekend. I am not expecting stellar mind-blowing performance or a deep plot, I watch indy movies for that; I just want to see a bunch of girls kick ass and ninja fighting in a surreal CGI -animated environment. That is all .

Old 02-02-2012, 11:13 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,524,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

Sure there is a storyline but its mainly a movie for action and CGI

Old 02-02-2012, 05:30 PM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
I stopped watching it after like 30 minutes into it....couldn't like it, couldn't get into it.
It was a WoT.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM

2,532 posts, read 2,856,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

Storyline is lame and pretty much a non-factor. It is all about CGI and the backgrounds + girls in short skirts.

As a movie it is all right if you have lower expectations going in and take it for what it is.

Old 02-02-2012, 10:07 PM

10,520 posts, read 11,623,635 times
I liked it, even have the soundtrack and I'm an old guy.

Old 02-03-2012, 05:58 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Sure there is a storyline but its mainly a movie for action and CGI
It's a bit deeper than that IMO. It's definitely something different, though not remarkably complex. It's a nice little film to watch with the volume turned up and a glass of merlot in your hand.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM

696 posts, read 1,083,295 times
Just watched the movie and once again I find myself agreeing with Visit a Library, it is slightly deeper than I had expected, it certainly touches on some teen coping mechanisms in terms of the alternate reality, fantasy etc. and also the brothel/strip joint-like theme etc. does draw parallels to a crude reality that does exist in the society, so while built as a fantasy thriller, it touches on some very deep concepts, although I think the execution was not well-thought out and with a better script-writer/director it had good potential and could have been a super hit like "Inception" -- a great movie (with much better execution of course) that deals with the power of the human mind, coping mechanisms and that grey (pun intended) realm between fantasy and reality !!

The action sequences and the fantasy realm using great CGI techniques were thoroughly enjoyable. Overall, I will give it a 6 out of 10 on IMDb !

Edit: Oh and yes the soundtrack was fantastic, buying it now on Amazon MP3 using my Droid Razr !!!

Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Just watched the movie and once again I find myself agreeing with Visit a Library, it is slightly deeper than I had expected, it certainly touches on some teen coping mechanisms in terms of the alternate reality, fantasy etc. and also the brothel/strip joint-like theme etc. does draw parallels to a crude reality that does exist in the society, so while built as a fantasy thriller, it touches on some very deep concepts, although I think the execution was not well-thought out and with a better script-writer/director it had good potential and could have been a super hit like "Inception" -- a great movie (with much better execution of course) that deals with the power of the human mind, coping mechanisms and that grey (pun intended) realm between fantasy and reality !!

The action sequences and the fantasy realm using great CGI techniques were thoroughly enjoyable. Overall, I will give it a 6 out of 10 on IMDb !

Edit: Oh and yes the soundtrack was fantastic, buying it now on Amazon MP3 using my Droid Razr !!!
I just got this on DVD, And am going to watch tonight. Looks like a lot of visual eye candy.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:02 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
BTW, IMO this film is superior to Fight Club. The two are similar at least at the cursory level IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies