U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:30 PM

23,903 posts, read 31,130,282 times

Advertisements

Never saw Titanic. Don't have any desire to either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,615,596 times
I've never seen any of the Toy Story films.
This is weird, because I love animated movies and because I've seen almost everything else Pixar/Disney or Dreamworks have made.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:59 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
This is weird, because I love animated movies and because I've seen almost everything else Pixar/Disney or Dreamworks have made.
I thought the first one was the only good one.

Also, has anyone noticed how when they were younger, they were much more adamant about seeing new movies right away? I used to be the one who showed up 2 hours early on opening day to secure a ticket and an awesome seat (for movies I HAD to see).

Now even movies I really want to see badly can often wait till they are out on blu-ray (same cost as 2 movie tickets and I don't have to listen to the yappy-yappy cell-phone toting crowds)...but those come out MONTHS later.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 AM

42,668 posts, read 71,538,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post

Now even movies I really want to see badly can often wait till they are out on blu-ray (same cost as 2 movie tickets and I don't have to listen to the yappy-yappy cell-phone toting crowds)...but those come out MONTHS later.
Isn't it funny how many people believe that A) you MUST see Citizen Kane, and B) you MUST see new movies immediately when they are released for the theater.

If you see a movie a couple of years after its release, you will have missed absolutely nothing.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:02 AM

22,225 posts, read 5,499,499 times
Stan4, to avoid the idjits in cinemas, we always go to the midday show on sunday!! Sometimes only my wife
and I are there. Someone else mentioned Citizen Kane - see it!!! It's one of the best films I've ever seen, I can
watch it over and over. I like The Magnificent Ambersons also, except for the stupid ending they tacked on it
after they took it off Orson Welles.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:29 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Stan4, to avoid the idjits in cinemas, we always go to the midday show on sunday!! Sometimes only my wife
and I are there. Someone else mentioned Citizen Kane - see it!!! It's one of the best films I've ever seen, I can
watch it over and over. I like The Magnificent Ambersons also, except for the stupid ending they tacked on it
after they took it off Orson Welles.
Our theaters here are packed from Thursday night through Sunday night. Your only hope of getting an empty theater is during the other weekdays. And all bets are off if school is out.

But you know, I understand that I'm too tense and crotchety (35yo) to enjoy most movies in the theater. I also know that the ones that are heavy dialogue movies can definitely wait till it comes out on blu-ray. Mostly I will go to the theater if someone I love really wants to see something and wants me to go with them (like I took my dad to see Super 8 the Tuesday after Father's Day - bc I was working on Father's Day).

With home theaters being what they are these days, it's hard to make a case for 'the big screen' in terms of sound quality (which is diminished by the incessant talkers who always seem to sit right behind me anyway) or picture quality...the 'experience' can truly be had at home.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,485,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I'm always stunned to learn that people have never seen the original Star Wars trilogy. Isn't that required for US citizenship or something??
I've never seen them and have no interest in seeing them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
(As for me.... I've never seen Shawshank Redemption, and that always surprises people.)

That's the best movie ever made IMO. I would highly recommending checking it out.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:21 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,485,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post

You should add that to the to do list. The TS trilogy is probably Pixar's best work and that is saying a lot. TS3 made grown men sob in the theater. It is just that good.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:47 AM

1,739 posts, read 4,820,576 times
There's plenty of movies I have yet to see, but there's also lots I've seen that most haven't

Old 06-27-2011, 12:08 PM

22,225 posts, read 5,499,499 times
Someone said they only liked Toy Story 1. Do you have a heart of stone? In 2 when poor Jessie
got thrown under the bed because her stupid girl owner got into make up? And, and, (I'm
filling up here) in 3 when those poor toys were in the incinerator? The whole cinema thought
they were gonners. The end is a three hanky job!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or