Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 02:08 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,696,404 times

Advertisements

Has anybody seen the movie Wanderlust? It looks like a good movie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM

668 posts, read 994,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Has anybody seen the movie Wanderlust? It looks like a good movie!
It should have been, but unfortunately it turned out to be an absolute stinker. It was one-dimensional, utterly predictable, and, worst of all, not funny despite a very talented cast. The characters weren't relatable or even particularly likeable. The scenes where Paul Rudd was improvising were almost painful to watch, and you got the sense that film planning didn't go very far beyond the point of someone in the Apatow crowd saying "Hey, let's get our friends together and make a movie about a hippie commune!" I really like Paul Rudd and even Jennifer Anniston, but this one gets filed behind "Hot Tub Time Machine" as biggest comedy disappointment of the past 5 years.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:04 PM

11,247 posts, read 11,019,479 times
I didn't waste my time or $$$ with the movie because I got tired of watching the same trailer for this one run non stop for a month before its release with that stupid and annoying theme song that goes "Hello". I got well tired of it before I got anywhere near the theatre. It seemed like it was advertised constantly on every channel. When movies are hyped to this extent, it is a usual sign they're gonna suck.

Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,510,276 times
I went to see it yesterday and lasted for at least one hour, before I got up and walked out. I actually found I disliked the movie as soon as the brother appeared. He seemed to start the ball rolling on rauchy,and foul mounted lines one after the other. Actually I was surprised how bad the language was in this film, and it was non stop in some scenes. I kept thinking it has to get better. I left during the scene were Rudd is talking to himself in the mirror. After Anniston tells him to go make it with one of the other nuts in this film. I just couldn't stand watching and listening to the language any longer, so I left. I just couldn't find any humor in this film. I don't think I heard anyone in the theater laugh at all, of course there was only 4 people in the entire theater. Actually Regal Theater gave me a pass for a future film of my choice. I never even asked for a refund. I just told them how much I disliked this movie. The actors must really need work to have appeared in this movie. Surely they had to read the script, or I would think before accepting the role. It was basically a worthless film that was made for who knows what purpose. Surely not to entertain the masses. It really could have been a much better movie if the producers wanted it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies