U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 10:10 AM

2,179 posts, read 2,811,905 times

Advertisements

Can-Not figure why Sidney Lumet's "Q&A" is not more well know. As many representations of the crooked cop have been done on film, Nick Nolte's portrayal to me stands out. Not only him, but Armand Assante is perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 12:46 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,832,801 times
I agree! Q&A was a really good one.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:38 AM

2,179 posts, read 2,811,905 times
Just watched House of Sand and Fog.. Jennifer Connelly AND Ben Kingsley were both great in that.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:37 AM

31,164 posts, read 57,288,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
There is a film with Clint Eastwood I saw about 40 years ago that I've never seen since, don't think it's been on TV here, and I've never seen it for sale. It was caled The Beguiled.
Oh, that movie is downright creepy! He's actually a wounded Union soldier who is found by a girl (Pamelyn Ferdin ... I always hated her whiny voice!) from a rundown boarding school somewhere in the South. The headmistress and the older girls all fight over him, and yeah, the headmistress gets her revenge. Great example of Southern Gothic storytelling. It's still on TV reasonably often; I've seen it on the Encore channels.

Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 AM

22,225 posts, read 5,499,499 times
There are so many old films I'd love to see again, but very few films from the 40s
are shown here in England any more. There was a time old movies were on the telly
all the time, but not any more. One old film I'd love to see again is Nightmare Alley
made in 1947 starring Tyrone Power and Joan Blondell. When Power got back from
the war, he wanted to make different types of films than he'd done previously. He
made a good version of The Razors Edge, then Nightmare Alley. He plays a fairground
barker who starts a mind reading act with Blondell. Things go wrong, and he ends up
as an alcoholic circus geek living in a wooden box!! No happy ending in this opus!!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:54 AM

169 posts, read 120,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Just watched House of Sand and Fog.. Jennifer Connelly AND Ben Kingsley were both great in that.
Great movie but no wish to see it again. It was one of those movies I actually was sobbing by the end. Hitching sobs.

i don't know which scene was the worst? when the son gets shot or when Ben Kingsley kills his wife and then himself.

Just a downer of a movie

Old 07-06-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Julianne Moore in "Chloe"..

Saw it in its entirety recently.. well, she is always good, but in this one she is great.. co-starring Liam Neeson and Amanda Seyfried as Chloe.

YouTube - ‪Moore, Seyfried Steam Up 'Chloe'‬‏

the girl on girl sex scene w/the 2 of them just SHOCKED me .... especially seeing Julianne Moore doing a scene like that

Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Hatter 10/6 View Post
Keanu Reeves in Dangerous Liaisons

Keanu Reeves in The Watcher.

He was actually a good actor in that and he definitely NOT playing his typical role. He was a serial killer in that and portrayed it great

Old 07-07-2011, 05:35 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,140,440 times
I know Frank Sinatra was in a lot of films before The Manchurian Candidate but that was the only one I either saw or really noticed him in. That was a great movie and it was like "hey look at Frank, he can really act" (Ruined Angela Langsbury's career for a long time)

Man I had another one and lost. I'll remember it later?

Old 07-07-2011, 05:39 PM

17,356 posts, read 3,528,493 times
Little known roles for favorite actresses/actors.

I saw this too and thought they were both wonderful in respective but bizarre roles. B Kingsley is, to me, an astonishing actor-anyone see him in Beast?? OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenaiSons View Post
Great movie but no wish to see it again. It was one of those movies I actually was sobbing by the end. Hitching sobs.

i don't know which scene was the worst? when the son gets shot or when Ben Kingsley kills his wife and then himself.

Just a downer of a movie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or