U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 05:42 PM

169 posts, read 120,822 times

Advertisements

what's more embarrassing is watching a movie with your 19 year old son and a strong sex scene comes on.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 PM

4,033 posts, read 8,245,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenaiSons View Post
what's more embarrassing is watching a movie with your 19 year old son and a strong sex scene comes on.
Or your elderly relatives to whom you rec'd the movie and who are watching it with you

Old 07-04-2011, 05:21 PM

3,647 posts, read 5,302,605 times
I got nothing against sex but the way the movies portray sex as this amazing fantasy is just wrong(most of the time). I also like how movies use the ugly girl/guy who gets the hot guy/girl and there relationship is peachy....incorrect!!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:04 PM

4,551 posts, read 9,859,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Bottom line is movies with alot of sex get boring fast. Different strokes for different folks.

Only go see G rated movies and you can avoid movies with sex! It is very easy to do if one knows how to read the letter G

Old 07-06-2011, 07:11 PM

14,790 posts, read 13,477,165 times
sex in movies is fine.
unimaginative stories are what I have no time for

What a crap idea for a movie, friends with benefits, he's just not into you, whatever. I'd never pay $16 odd dollars to see it at the cinema, nor hire on dvd.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 AM

3,633 posts, read 4,251,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Im sick of todays movies. Its always about sex, sex & more sex. Just like that new movie "friends with benefits" starring justine timberlake (who bought myself with a few other idiots) & that mousey girl on that 70s show & family guy (i dont remember the bimbos name).
I agree with you, but a different POV:
if a movie is "about sex" (or any other topic a person doesn't want to spend 2 hours watching) you can just not go to the movie...

however, what's always bugged me are movies that would otherwise be good movies but have unnecessary nudity thrown in... what's the purpose? shock-value, or so kids can't see the movies, or some other reason?
this is nothing new-- I noticed it a long time ago when I saw both HBO & regular network 'versions' of movies like Carrie, National Lampoon's Vacation, etc. etc.

IMHO, if scenes have to be edited out of a movie to make it 'appropriate' for network t.v., the scenes don't need to be there in the first place-- whether it's sex, nudity, vocabulary, or whatever.

Last edited by Tia 914; 07-08-2011 at 09:19 AM..

Old 07-08-2011, 09:20 PM

452 posts, read 258,247 times
I actually have been noticing more sex in movies. There are times where I will watch a few movies on netflix one night and all of them have some sort of sex scene... it's annoying

Old 07-09-2011, 02:12 PM

563 posts, read 1,269,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
The subject of sex itself doesn't bother me, but these portrayals of people blatantly using each other to satisfy their own needs does.

I agree. "Friends with Benefits" and "No Strings Attached" are a couple of good examples of why the young generations are okay with just handing themselves around. What happened to self respect?

Old 07-11-2011, 10:12 AM

110 posts, read 80,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyLynn812 View Post
I agree. "Friends with Benefits" and "No Strings Attached" are a couple of good examples of why the young generations are okay with just handing themselves around. What happened to self respect?
Why attribute this to the young generations? Wasn't it the boomer generation that launched the "free love" movement in the 60s? Blame them. This "gall-darn kids!" argument is as cliched as a bad sex movie.

Old 07-11-2011, 02:30 PM

169 posts, read 120,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBeavs View Post
Why attribute this to the young generations? Wasn't it the boomer generation that launched the "free love" movement in the 60s? Blame them. This "gall-darn kids!" argument is as cliched as a bad sex movie.
i'm sorry but the young generation nowadays is just disappointing. and think about it! these kids will be voting and determining how the senior citizens are treated in the future

this generation of entitlement, where RYAN DUNN from jackass and the whole jackass crew are "heroes" (if you don't believe me on this check out his FB "fan" pages), lazy and obnoxiously stupid though think they know it all.

I was a med trans for a few years in Nevada and I was amazed at all the dictations i'd receive for young girls (13-14) coming in to get on the pill because she was sexually active. Oh hell how many were pregnant.

my son's first sexual experience at 15 (pissed me off) was w/a tramp that already had a child at 14 yrs old from my son's best friend. son didn't know how i found out about it (mother's have their ways).

kids are whores now, male and female. I remember in HS you'd see bf/gf always together and you'd assume they were "doing it" but it was not discussed let alone bragged about. but when you found out a girl was screwing around w/multiple guys the talk started. and this was only in late 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or