U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:53 AM

7,068 posts, read 10,818,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
This Movie is total junk.
In the words of Sgt Hulka... "lighten up, Francis!".

At this point you've got 52 posts on this thread (more than half) bashing the movie in one way or another.

We get it... you don't like the idea. Chill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 02:55 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
The Smurfs are fascists:

Are the Smurfs crypto-fascists? – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs

Old 07-31-2011, 04:42 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,615,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Sweet Jesus, what a busload of BS .
Unsurprisingly, it comes from some French professor with probably nothing much better to do.

Having grown up with the cartoons and the comics (De Smurfen, in Dutch), I hope the movie won't be all too awful. Although reading the reactions here (and elsewhere on the net), that might be too much to ask .

Old 07-31-2011, 02:30 PM

914 posts, read 1,130,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
Sweet Jesus, what a busload of BS .
Unsurprisingly, it comes from some French professor with probably nothing much better to do.

Having grown up with the cartoons and the comics (De Smurfen, in Dutch), I hope the movie won't be all too awful. Although reading the reactions here (and elsewhere on the net), that might be too much to ask .
This guy who wrote the article has way too much time on their hands .As for the smurfs movie ,go see when it comes out where you are .Don't read too much on what anybody says on the internet or a movie reviewer who does it for profit .If the smurfs interests you then go see it.I never read reviewers of what the so called pro's think my opinion is all that matters.I loved the smurfs movie .As much as I enjoyed the series.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM

825 posts, read 949,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
This guy who wrote the article has way too much time on their hands .As for the smurfs movie ,go see when it comes out where you are .Don't read too much on what anybody says on the internet or a movie reviewer who does it for profit .If the smurfs interests you then go see it.I never read reviewers of what the so called pro's think my opinion is all that matters.I loved the smurfs movie .As much as I enjoyed the series.
I Love the tv series, but the smurfs movie sucks horribly.

Old 07-31-2011, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamifloridafan View Post
I Love the tv series, but the smurfs movie sucks horribly.
Have you seen the movie?

Old 07-31-2011, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Have you seen the movie?
Yes and it was garbage.

Maybe the cast of the smurfs movie got hallucinated after a screening of avatar and thought the screenplay had some similarity to it, how could you convince that is anything in this movie that anybody wants to see.

and Katy Perry deserves a razzie nomination.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM

7,068 posts, read 10,818,929 times
Yeah, it must be bad...

Smurfs is tied with Cowboys & Aliens at the top of the box office this weekend AND it has a higher CinemaScore rating!

Box Office Shocker: 'Cowboys & Aliens' Gets Smurfed - Yahoo! Movies

You know what they say about "opinions"!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Yeah, it must be bad...

Smurfs is tied with Cowboys & Aliens at the top of the box office this weekend AND it has a higher CinemaScore rating!

Box Office Shocker: 'Cowboys & Aliens' Gets Smurfed - Yahoo! Movies

You know what they say about "opinions"!
Too bad the movie still sucks horribly, doesn't mean anything.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:59 PM

Maybe some studio bigwig will get wise and next summer we'll have Cowboys & Smurfs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or