U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Status: "Life is a hard teacher gives the test 1st" (set 22 days ago)

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,374 posts, read 4,685,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
I liked it. It's probably the first movie since the star trek reboot that I would pay to see twice in theaters.

I just saw it in 2d, I haven't jumped on the 3d bandwagon yet. But from what I have heard, if you are going to go the 3d route, might as well go for the best 3d available(imax).
Very similar thinking. I would pay to see it in imax 3d again. I know when it comes out on bluray its going to be played a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 08:16 PM

6,310 posts, read 3,282,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Very similar thinking. I would pay to see it in imax 3d again. I know when it comes out on bluray its going to be played a lot.
I just got back from seeing it and though I was enjoying it, I kept saying to myself, this would be so much more fun if I had paid the extra bucks for IMAX. Something about the way it was filmed didn't translate as well in 2D

My minor complaints are, the last 20 or so minutes was like watching the last 20 or so minutes of the first two movies, nothing really new, very interchangable, the family wasn't as entertaining as they usually were, something about them seemed really different. the parents usually have me laughing my sides off, I found them to be misplaced and a bit of a bore this time around. Major complaint, the lovey dovy boy loves girl stuff makes me want to barf. Even so, I prefered the relationship he had with the other gal, it was more believable than this new one. Other than those things, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:15 AM

1,249 posts, read 1,078,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I really just wish they'd end the whole 3D thing. I'm sick to death of it. I am glad they are offering (in most theaters) the 2D option. My hubby and oldest son get physically ill trying to watch 3D...headaches and nausea...they are not alone.
I think the the 3rd movie was better than the second. Lots of Star-trek references lol
3D is repulsive cinema.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 AM

7,541 posts, read 2,680,171 times
I enjoyed it, and thought it was better than the 2nd (who didn't?) and is on par or even better than the first.

What made it better was the fact that it wAS MORE ABOUT THE Autobots and Decepticons than it was about the humans, which made it better.

SFX was great. Saw it in IMAX 3d (well worth the money).

Love that they even got Buzz Aldrin in it. I thought that was a nice touch.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:44 AM

6,310 posts, read 3,282,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
I enjoyed it, and thought it was better than the 2nd (who didn't?) and is on par or even better than the first.

What made it better was the fact that it wAS MORE ABOUT THE Autobots and Decepticons than it was about the humans, which made it better.
Very much agree, I mostly enjoy, SUPRISE!, seeing the bots transform, blow stuff up, knock each other around, etc

SFX was great. Saw it in IMAX 3d (well worth the money).

Love that they even got Buzz Aldrin in it. I thought that was a nice touch.
Those of you that saw the movie, enjoy this kind of nonsense for what it is, I do appreciate your contributions in answering my questions. Obviously a movie about big robotic talking metal thingies, is something you go to see for dumb fun, just like going to an amusement park, it's a fun ride, nothing more. I hope people don't go to be enlightened. I realize you have to turn to giant blue people for enlightenment.

Last edited by TRosa; 07-12-2011 at 12:42 PM..

Old 07-12-2011, 12:00 PM

110 posts, read 22,355 times
I'm saving my next babysitter night for Horrible Bosses. The first Transformers was entertaining, now it's just tired variations on the same theme. The effects are, of course, astonishing. But to call it a "film" is a stretch.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM

2,653 posts, read 2,714,435 times
Didn't enjoy the "slang" speaking bots in part 2. Not getting another dime of mine.

Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 PM

8,506 posts, read 11,196,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I realize you have to turn to giant blue people for enlightenment.
Yes, we do, old chum!

Old 07-13-2011, 05:34 AM

5 posts, read 2,471 times
Transformer is th best series I have ever watched and I really like it.Shia is one of my most favorite action star.

Old 07-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Status: "Life is a hard teacher gives the test 1st" (set 22 days ago)

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,374 posts, read 4,685,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Those of you that saw the movie, enjoy this kind of nonsense for what it is, I do appreciate your contributions in answering my questions. Obviously a movie about big robotic talking metal thingies, is something you go to see for dumb fun, just like going to an amusement park, it's a fun ride, nothing more. I hope people don't go to be enlightened. I realize you have to turn to giant blue people for enlightenment.
Unfortunately I'm not that intelligent as to comprehend the sarcasm in your reply. How dare people go to the movies to simply be entertained. I loved it- next stop, the smurfs and muppet movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies