U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 06:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 368,497 times
I am this series is over.

Transformers = robots with little to no humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 04:39 PM

5,209 posts, read 2,627,483 times
It had more emotion than the other two. As a trilogy it is a terrible series, Micheal Bay really messed it up as a whole, Dark of the Moon was a good movie. You can watch the first transformers skip the Fallen and watch TF3 and it still make sense lol.

Old 07-20-2011, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-boy-80 View Post
Its better than the second and first one. Though that is not saying much. And I think Rosie is a much better looking woman than Megan Fox. Is it worth seeing? Hmm, given the quality of Hollywood films, yes this is worth seeing. You won't get any better till Captain America comes out.
Totally agree on the many points. It was better than the first two, and I actually did feel bad for Sam in this third movie. Soundwave was really cool!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enrike View Post
Transformer is th best series I have ever watched and I really like it.Shia is one of my most favorite action star.
Lord of the Rings needs to see you in the office.

Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM

1,818 posts, read 2,809,236 times
I saw this yesterday and thought it was good. I liked all 3 of these movies.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:49 PM

999 posts, read 324,710 times
I can't believe that so many people liked this movie? I found it's humor to be insulting and completely stupid. The tranformers series put way to much emphasis on stupid annoying humans, when in the real cartoon series, they were not that important.

Seriously the whole bathroom scene with Sam and the Asian dude. WTF? Imagine if they put a scene like that in a Batman movie, a Superman movie, X-men, etc. It's just stupid has nothing to do with the plot, and Transformers was never a comedy until Michael Bay came along. Michael Bay did to Transformers what Joel Schumacher did to the Batman series (albeit Batman Forever was okay, but Batman and Robin is just like the Transformers series, stupid, insulting humor).

I think the first Transformers was okay in it's humor, it was borderline over doing it, but it didn't. However in these last two it was completely ridiculous. They could of developed it so much better. Humor is okay, but one thing is over doing it.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM

25,085 posts, read 8,104,777 times
I walked out on this movie... It was NOT...

Old 07-25-2011, 05:21 PM
JJG

9,513 posts, read 9,145,831 times
A Micheal Bay/Transformers movie thread.... I think I should have come here weeks ago and posted this for all those who didn't like the movie:

http://neuroticnotes.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/smug.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-25-2011, 09:40 PM

999 posts, read 324,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
A Micheal Bay/Transformers movie thread.... I think I should have come here weeks ago and posted this for all those who didn't like the movie:
I don't see how it's being smug? The type of humor that Transformers had is the type I might expect to see in a movie like Stepbrothers or Anchorman which are perfectly fine because they are meant to be that way as they are dumb comedies. However, walking into a movie like Transformers it shouldn't be like that. Transformers was never pure comedy, but that is what they turn most of the movie into. They took a good concept and turned it into a joke.

I can handle humor, but really the humor was so stupid, pointless and had nothing to do with the plot. So what was the reason that his parents came into the movie? For comedic relief? I mean it's not like we got enough from that from everyone else. The first Transformers was bearable and good mindless entertainment. The second one just insulted the audience's intelligence. For the third, the first half was unbearable and pointless while the second half was entertaining.

There is mindless entertainment and then there is just pure stupidity. Transformers is more stupidity than anything else. I was hoping the third would change my opinion, and I found it slightly better than the second (which really is not a feat).

Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 PM
JJG

9,513 posts, read 9,145,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikid View Post
I don't see how it's being smug? The type of humor that Transformers had is the type I might expect to see in a movie like Stepbrothers or Anchorman which are perfectly fine because they are meant to be that way as they are dumb comedies. However, walking into a movie like Transformers it shouldn't be like that. Transformers was never pure comedy, but that is what they turn most of the movie into. They took a good concept and turned it into a joke.

I can handle humor, but really the humor was so stupid, pointless and had nothing to do with the plot. So what was the reason that his parents came into the movie? For comedic relief? I mean it's not like we got enough from that from everyone else. The first Transformers was bearable and good mindless entertainment. The second one just insulted the audience's intelligence. For the third, the first half was unbearable and pointless while the second half was entertaining.

There is mindless entertainment and then there is just pure stupidity. Transformers is more stupidity than anything else. I was hoping the third would change my opinion, and I found it slightly better than the second (which really is not a feat).

Well that wasn't completely directed twoards YOU or YOUR opinions on the movie, but BAY was the director. What did ya expect?

Not speaking for anyone but myself. I'm not gonna say the last two were great, or even that good, but I still had some fun with them at least.

The reason why I posted the whole smug alert thing (which I may do more often for other posts) is because everyone I've known or seen who didn't like this movie treated those who did like they were low on the evolution chain. As if they're just THAT much better and smarter than everyone who liked TF3.

Was it a great movie? Hell no. Was it anything like the cartoon that most people wanted to see? No. Did it have more dumb jokes and pointless scense than an episode of Family Guy? Yes. But did it have alot of ACTION? Of course. And that's why I and several other people liked it.

And I know it's not what you're saying (I hope not) but there are some who just want to see sh*t sometimes rather than seeing a masterpiece, ya know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies