U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM

7,920 posts, read 7,265,062 times

Advertisements

Smuggish alert!
I wished for the popcorn icon so I could just sit back enjoy the rest of this entertaining conversation, but thought I might just add a thought or two if it's okie dokie.

Does anyone take the Micky Nouse donald duck movies this seriously? Just wondering. I did peek over at the smurf thread, but surely they joke. I hope. Or no wonder the state of the world. Then again, there's no wonder to it. As far as being considered less evolved than those that don't get why any of us can enjoy such senseless stupidity, thus feeling the need to stomp their feet at us, I think it's cute. I get when someone feels so deeply about something, they can't stand to see someone violate that stories true authenticy and continue to decimate most of what they came to know of the original.

Personally, I've never watched the transformer cartoons, maybe a glance here and there, so I can't compare that to the big glossy toys on screen. I just know one day I decided to rent that first movie and was blown away by the special effects and couldn't get enough of the those creatures transforming to and from. Sooooooo transfixing. I hadn't seen anything like it in a long time, I'm stil transfixed when they do that little trick on screen. Plus I have a little crush on that voice of Prime whatever his name is. I didn't figure the story lines or anything of the original series into the equation for going to see the movie and it was a good thing, because I do agree in this third movie, what interaction that was had with the fleshy kind was plan indigestably vile, but over all for me the action of which I went to see, made up for what lacked in the story, there wasn't much to watch as far as story, truth be told, I can't even remember a scene in the bathroom with the humans, I almost thought the person that mentioned this, was mixing up trans3 with that movie with the monkey and the four friends, what's it called you know, the dopped up guys in that sequel this time around they were in China or somewhere.

Wait did I just have a serious convo about trans3. NERD ALERT! Maybe I am, maybe not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 10:19 PM

128 posts, read 245,197 times
I loved it! Thought it was so good. I didn't see part 1 or 2 though. It was a LONG movie but kept us entertained the whole time.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:24 PM

5,207 posts, read 5,961,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movin-on-up2011 View Post
I loved it! Thought it was so good. I didn't see part 1 or 2 though. It was a LONG movie but kept us entertained the whole time.
Yes the movie was long. The other two are really not that good.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:30 AM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
Imho, 1st one was good, 2nd one was not bad either but this one sucked. The series is a total cash cow at the point and the movie-makers were trying to cash in on it.
Better graphics perhaps but the story, acting and mindless and impossible heroic action scenes were way too corny and over the top.
This one is definitely a rental even if you like the first two.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:49 AM

7,376 posts, read 12,524,711 times
I loved it. I just care about the action and it had plenty.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:55 AM
JJG

12,895 posts, read 18,406,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Imho, 1st one was good, 2nd one was not bad either but this one sucked. The series is a total cash cow at the point and the movie-makers were trying to cash in on it.
Better graphics perhaps but the story, acting and mindless and impossible heroic action scenes were way too corny and over the top.
This one is definitely a rental even if you like the first two.
... you're probably one of the 5 people in this world who would say the 2nd one was not bad and the 3rd sucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies