Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:08 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
I hated how many "people" took advantage of him because they knew that he had trouble comprehending things.
I just hated it because it was ridiculous, LOL.

And I forgot about Rocky, in all of its versions.

And then there's Steel Magnolias. I saw the stage play before the movie began production, and loved it. The humor, the relationships among the six women ... everything was just right. And then the movie morphed into a disjointed vehicle for Sally Field as the overbearing mother-in-law. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,128,641 times
Titanic

20yrsinBranson

Old 07-06-2011, 01:55 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,894,483 times
This isn't just one movie, but a whole genre that I hate, but everyone else loves:

Anything with a combination of talking animals, magic, and British children. Add in a dragon, an elf, a wizard, or an evil overlord, and that makes it exponentially worse in my book.

This includes:
any Narnia movie (ugh)
any Lord of the Rings movie (yech)
Pan's Labyrinth
Eragon
The Golden Compass

The only exception, in my book, (my book of hate that is) is the Harry Potter series.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Default wow, I'm full of hate today....

I also can't stand James Bond movies. Every single person I know thinks they are wonderful classics, and they have all kinds of opinions on which actor to play James Bond was better than the others. Who the heck cares---they all S. U. C. K.

Ugh, I probably suffered through 8 or 9 of the 18,000 James Bond movies, and hated them all.

I think I'm the only one on the planet who feels this way.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:04 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,908 times
Love Acutally. Never got why so many people like this movie.

Anything 'Twilight' related. Glittery vampires are not my thing.

Anything with Jennifer Anniston.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:10 PM

42 posts, read 89,325 times
mary poppings
the whole childs play (chuckie) series
star wars
the last 2 matrix movies
any movie made by tyler perry

Old 07-06-2011, 03:24 PM

253 posts, read 201,862 times
Hahahaha!!! Glittery vampires....that was good.
I'd like to add that I hated Fight Club as well. Never seen any of The Godfather's & have no urge to either. And I didn't get The Matrix....at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:49 PM

274 posts, read 370,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCats View Post
The very first title that enters my mind every time that subject comes up: Forrest Gump! Dear God, what a horrible movie! Stop reading now if you don't want to read my brief rant...

I hated how many "people" took advantage of him because they knew that he had trouble comprehending things. Especially Jenny!

And I really hated the thought that, while he saw the goodness in the world despite all the bad things that happened around and to him, he will go on into the world, being taken advantage of for the entire remainder of his fictional life. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be an optimist.

Too many people take advantage of those they see as "slow" in the real world. I didn't need to see a movie about it to remind me how despicable some people can be.

On the other hand, if he would have rejected the world like Edward Scissorhands did, the movie would have redeemed itself in my eyes. It is precisely why ES has been one of my favorite movies all these years.
As soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought: Forrest Fricking Gump.

I don't understand the love of this movie. I guess it's folksy or something. "Life is like a box of choc-o-lits" omg, WHATEVER!!!

Alls I know is, the movie should have ended just before he started running. I felt like I wanted to run out of the movie theater and across the country too! Whatever would get me away from it!!

I think Baby Boomers really like this movie because they get to see all that beloved 60s stuff played out through Gump's eyes. I'm 40, so I feel like I've had my fill of all that.

Old 07-06-2011, 03:51 PM

274 posts, read 370,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I also can't stand James Bond movies. Every single person I know thinks they are wonderful classics, and they have all kinds of opinions on which actor to play James Bond was better than the others. Who the heck cares---they all S. U. C. K.

Ugh, I probably suffered through 8 or 9 of the 18,000 James Bond movies, and hated them all.

I think I'm the only one on the planet who feels this way.
You're not the only one.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:55 PM

Thanks datacity, it's good I'm not alone!

I also agree on a lot of Forrest Gump points. While I didn't hate the movie, I always considered it overrated, and called it a "masturbatory baby boomer fantasy" since it was more about reminiscing about "the times" and not so much the story of this innocent guy who kind of wandered through it all. I'm not a baby boomer either, so I guess I didn't get the all the warm fuzzies over the movie that the boomers did.

Wow, I work with disabled people, and I never really considered how much the supposedly "good" people in the movie manipulated him because of his intellectual disability, but I think you're right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies