Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:09 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,336 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=eRz_SwYnDJo

The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters July 20th 2012 and stars Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman, Michael Caine as Alfred Pennyworth, Garly Oldman as Jim Gordon, Tom Hardy as Bane, Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake and Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
How is this Batman 3? Isn't it like Batman 6 or 7 or something?

Old 07-15-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How is this Batman 3? Isn't it like Batman 6 or 7 or something?
This is Christopher Nolan Batman. I am not considering the previous Batmans which are horrible and cartoony.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:36 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
This is Christopher Nolan Batman. I am not considering the previous Batmans which are horrible and cartoony.
I respectfully disagree : I think Tim Burton's two Batman-movies were great .

Personally, I've never really liked The Dark Knight. I loved Batman Begins, but found that Nolan's second one just lacked something. Can't really put my finger on it...

Old 07-15-2011, 07:58 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,328,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klato View Post
Sorry...I think that Christian Bale makes a horrible Batman.
I can't stand Michael Keaton, but give me Tim Burton's Batman any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There was real art in that first movie...the new Batmans are the same slick crap that's playing in every other theater.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 AM

994 posts, read 1,829,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Sorry...I think that Christian Bale makes a horrible Batman.
I can't stand Michael Keaton, but give me Tim Burton's Batman any day of the week and twice on Sunday. There was real art in that first movie...the new Batmans are the same slick crap that's playing in every other theater.
So what crap are you referring it to? I mean I have never seen a movie based on a comic book that was so good. I would like to know what other crap you are referring to.

I agree that I thought Tim Burton's set design was truly artistic, beautiful and unique. Especially in Batman Returns, that set was amazing.

While Nolan's series lacks the beautiful creative set, Nolan still does an excellent job of creating a dark, gritty, crime underworld atmosphere. Gotham City does have a very strong character/identity in his movies. Where Nolan's lacks artistic set design compared to Burton, Nolan makes up in telling a story.

Old 07-15-2011, 02:40 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,634 times
Is this the fake teaser where it just shows a flash of bats?

Anyway, Nolan's films are there own separate trilogy and interpretation. I think his films are the best, although Burton/Keaton were great. Bale is a mediocre actor, I don't like him much as Batman, but the films have still been very good.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
Is this the fake teaser where it just shows a flash of bats?

Anyway, Nolan's films are there own separate trilogy and interpretation. I think his films are the best, although Burton/Keaton were great. Bale is a mediocre actor, I don't like him much as Batman, but the films have still been very good.
Nope. It was the real deal. It showed Gordon in a hospital bed talking to someone and then it ended with Bane and Batman about to fight. Sadly the trailer was taken out.

Old 07-15-2011, 08:49 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,245,835 times
Burton's two Batman films looked fantastic. Gotham actually looked gothic. Nicholson was a great Joker, and Pfeiffer a great Catwoman. I love DeVito, but the Penguin in the second movie was not the Penguin of Batman. It was more like a warped Brothers Grimm character.

But Burton's film failed to make Batman or Bruce Wayne interesting. Pretty obvious Burton was in love with the villains and Batman was there just to showcase the villains. And the second film especially got way too campy for me. I kept expecting an Adam West cameo.

Nolan's films returned Batman to center stage, made him interesting, but still had great villains. They definitely veered into science fiction territory, but they never got campy.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:37 PM

994 posts, read 1,829,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Burton's two Batman films looked fantastic. Gotham actually looked gothic. Nicholson was a great Joker, and Pfeiffer a great Catwoman. I love DeVito, but the Penguin in the second movie was not the Penguin of Batman. It was more like a warped Brothers Grimm character.

But Burton's film failed to make Batman or Bruce Wayne interesting. Pretty obvious Burton was in love with the villains and Batman was there just to showcase the villains. And the second film especially got way too campy for me. I kept expecting an Adam West cameo.

Nolan's films returned Batman to center stage, made him interesting, but still had great villains. They definitely veered into science fiction territory, but they never got campy.
Yeah, I agree with you with the exception of Nolan's being more science fiction. Burton's was definitely a lot more science fiction than Nolan's. Actually Nolan's was very realistic. In Burton's films, just the way that the Joker, Catwoman and Penguin become themselves is very unrealistic.

Definitely agree that the villains were much more interesting than Batman in the Burton's. There was just no depth to Bruce Wayne. In Nolan's version there is a whole lot of depth and back story to batman. It really feels like this a movie about batman and not the villain of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies