U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:02 PM

15,148 posts, read 15,198,298 times

Advertisements

Erm............uh, it is called money and dentists.......combine the two and wah-lah............great teeth. If I had the money my teeth would be all puurtee too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 10:57 AM

4,636 posts, read 4,945,754 times
piano key teeth. teeth that are too perfect and white overpower the rest of the face much of the time.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:53 PM

20,187 posts, read 12,820,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
One of late Mitch Hedberg's lines: I was gonna get my teeth whitened but I said "Forget that, I will get a tan instead!".

Mitch Hedberg 2004 Just For Laughs gala - YouTube

He is great---how did he die? TIA

Old 08-27-2011, 03:55 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
True, but Buscemi is the exception rather than the rule. His "unattractiveness" (for want of a better term) is part of his appeal.
What about Hugh Grant, though?

His awful teeth totally distract me the whole time I'm trying to watch the movie.

Old 08-27-2011, 05:33 PM

1,224 posts, read 2,940,778 times
Mark Hedberg was a funny guy. I think his death was drug related.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:05 PM

973 posts, read 1,440,705 times
I think many Americans are obsessive about their teeth, esp. if they do not measure up to what they see on tv, print and in the movies. I know that even on dating sites, people will say that the potential "mate" must have good teeth! It did begin with caps and veneers, but ever since the "whitening" process was invented, we have been "sold a bill of goods" that this is what teeth should look like. I think they should be clean with no stains on them or have cavaties or even be MISSSING! but not the freaky whiteness that would scare the bejesus out of anyone in a blacklight!

I know many European countries aren't or haven't been as fanatical about their teeth as we are for various reasons, and the British have always been stereotyped about having bad teeth. But, I have to be honest though, for when I am in Serbia, I do find it distressing to see so many with poor/rotten/ missing teeth. I think that happened, though due to all the war years and then having no money for the dentist. I know, too, that they didn't even have dental hygenists and no one even knew the term when I lived there is 2007 as dentists cleaned the teeth. But maybe things have changed as I see now that they are even having their folk singers and such whiten what they have and my friends have told me that whitening strips are now being sold there. SO, maybe it is changing in all of Europe as well.

But getting back to the TOO white color, aren't teeth called at times our "ivories" due to that being the name of some animals' teeth?? And with that, I think they should be more ivory in color.

PS. I adored Cher before she got her teeth "fixed" as well as Katherine Heigle. They were part of their identities.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:07 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Perfect bleached teeth are right down surreal to me! either that or I'm an odd ball for seeing it that way.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:39 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,122,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
I think many Americans are obsessive about their teeth, esp. if they do not measure up to what they see on tv, print and in the movies. I know that even on dating sites, people will say that the potential "mate" must have good teeth! It did begin with caps and veneers, but ever since the "whitening" process was invented, we have been "sold a bill of goods" that this is what teeth should look like. I think they should be clean with no stains on them or have cavaties or even be MISSSING! but not the freaky whiteness that would scare the bejesus out of anyone in a blacklight!

I know many European countries aren't or haven't been as fanatical about their teeth as we are for various reasons, and the British have always been stereotyped about having bad teeth. But, I have to be honest though, for when I am in Serbia, I do find it distressing to see so many with poor/rotten/ missing teeth. I think that happened, though due to all the war years and then having no money for the dentist. I know, too, that they didn't even have dental hygenists and no one even knew the term when I lived there is 2007 as dentists cleaned the teeth. But maybe things have changed as I see now that they are even having their folk singers and such whiten what they have and my friends have told me that whitening strips are now being sold there. SO, maybe it is changing in all of Europe as well.

But getting back to the TOO white color, aren't teeth called at times our "ivories" due to that being the name of some animals' teeth?? And with that, I think they should be more ivory in color.

PS. I adored Cher before she got her teeth "fixed" as well as Katherine Heigle. They were part of their identities.
A lot of the Eastern European countries need to learn about early dental care and preventative care. Their using white strips as adults on already deteriorated teeth won't fix anything.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:13 AM

12 posts, read 21,031 times
I haven't watch many American movies so I don't know .Is it really true?
Thanks

Old 08-28-2011, 11:09 AM

42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
I think many Americans are obsessive about their teeth, esp. if they do not measure up to what they see on tv, print and in the movies. I know that even on dating sites, people will say that the potential "mate" must have good teeth! s.
Yes, but when I say that (and no on dating sites), I don't mean full of caps and veneers. Foreign bodies on teeth actually gross me out because they are another place for bacteria to congregate.

I just mean your regular teeth aren't brown and missing and coated with tartar or cigarette/coffee stains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or