Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 04:29 PM

22,867 posts, read 28,135,980 times

Advertisements

The Amazing Spider-Man trailers and video clips on Yahoo! Movies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 PM

4,961 posts, read 10,630,252 times
Why are they already remaking the first, recent Spiderman movie [the one with Toby MacGuire]?

I think that Andrew Garfield is miscast; I just don't see him as Spiderman.

And Emma Stone needs to take a break from film projects: I'm already sick of her, it seems like she's in every movie right now.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:26 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,541,389 times
Looks ok....just ok.....Not liking the dead parents batman thing.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:29 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,541,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Why are they already remaking the first, recent Spiderman movie [the one with Toby MacGuire]?

I think that Andrew Garfield is miscast; I just don't see him as Spiderman.

And Emma Stone needs to take a break from film projects: I'm already sick of her, it seems like she's in every movie right now.
Plus superhero movies are getting stale....

Old 07-22-2011, 05:54 AM

Quote:
This isn't a remake of that so much as a total "reboot," obviously based much more on Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man. Why?

Sam Raimi made two very good Spidey flicks. Then he made Spidey 3, which he didn't like, fans didn't like, and the cast didn't like. Apparently he had a lot of studio interference, and it showed.

They were prepping a Spidey 4 and went through a series of scripts that went from bad to worse to completely awful.

Tobey Maguire wasn't getting any younger, Raimi wanted to work on other projects as well, and the studio had a limited amount of time to put out a new movie before they lost the rights. So they decided to start over.

Quote:
Really? In the past year, I've seen her in one movie, which I liked. But I don't see that many movies in the theatre, so she may just be passing me by.

But if she's playing who I think she's playing in this movie, she won't last long.

Old 07-22-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Not liking the dead parents batman thing.
That's part of who Spidey is. You can't take that away any more than you can take away Superman being from Krypton.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:36 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,914,909 times
I believe there trying to make spiderman into Nolan's Batman. Spiderman was a comic superhero; he was not a dark superhero until he became Black Spiderman ( and this was somewhat dark).

Old 07-22-2011, 09:12 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,532,117 times
This trailer is just a rip off of footage from Mirrors Edge trailer.

‪Spider-Man trailer replicated in Mirror's Edge‬‏ - YouTube (http://youtu.be/653OdfJXOWA - broken link)

Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 AM

4,961 posts, read 10,630,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This isn't a remake of that so much as a total "reboot," obviously based much more on Bendis's Ultimate Spider-Man. Why?

Sam Raimi made two very good Spidey flicks. Then he made Spidey 3, which he didn't like, fans didn't like, and the cast didn't like. Apparently he had a lot of studio interference, and it showed.

They were prepping a Spidey 4 and went through a series of scripts that went from bad to worse to completely awful.

Tobey Maguire wasn't getting any younger, Raimi wanted to work on other projects as well, and the studio had a limited amount of time to put out a new movie before they lost the rights. So they decided to start over.

Really? In the past year, I've seen her in one movie, which I liked. But I don't see that many movies in the theatre, so she may just be passing me by.

But if she's playing who I think she's playing in this movie, she won't last long.
I think a Spidey 4 would have been much more successful than a "reboot"; I've already seen the evolution of Spiderman, it's not going to be that much different simply because of recasting.

And, yes, I agree with the poster that noted the similarity to Nolan's Batman series: it seems like every new superhero movie is trying to ride on the coattails of Nolan's success by emphasizing "the beginning" of the superhero's life, as if such a storyline in and of itself equals a good film.

And the idea that Spiderman needed to be replaced b/c Maguire was getting "too old"? I'm not sure if that was how it was meant, but that's ridiculous; he's 37. Moreover, the whole point is to see characters grow and evolve, and aging is part of that process. It seems to me that the producers are simply trying to "revive" Spiderman for younger [teen] audiences. In short, they're reviving the franchise with a younger cast to make $$, something that we've been seeing a lot of this decade.

And Emma Stone is everywhere: The House Bunny, Superbad, Easy A, Crazy, Stupid, Love & now The Help. She actually has previews for two films out at the same time right now (the last two films that I mentioned). It's classic overexposure of a newly-designated "it" girl.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:45 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,025,187 times
Here's the thing.

I don't want a Spiderman story to continue that killed off its best villians, even if Venom was just pathetic in the movies.

I fully and completley support a reboot, especially since it seems that they're getting this RIGHT by starting of with Lizard, and not Green Goblin.

And the actor for Peter Parker/Spiderman? Perfect.

Very much looking forward to this movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies