U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 12:18 AM

128 posts, read 138,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I watched a TV movie that tore me up, "Taking Chance" a true story. Lt. Col. Michael Strobl played by Kevin Bacon accompanies the body of 19-year-old Marine Chance Phelps back to his hometown of Dubois, Wyoming.
This is my all time choice. I think every American should watch this movie. Especially those in Washington making decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Yes they did get the killer! He died in the end when he fell down the hillside

AND, if I'm remembering correctly, it was implied that the spirit of the little girl he killed was what made the icecicle fall on him to make him loose his balance and fall.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:36 PM

3,022 posts, read 4,378,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
AND, if I'm remembering correctly, it was implied that the spirit of the little girl he killed was what made the icecicle fall on him to make him loose his balance and fall.
but the family never got closure, and you may come to the conclusion, but I actually conclude it was God, who said enough. Keep in mind, the spirit of the dead girl could only affect emotion, not alter any physical aspects of the real world. Therefore, she couldn't have caused it to fall. But hey, its just a story, and fill in any outcome you like, thats what ambiguous endings are all about.

Old 08-20-2011, 07:57 PM

13,951 posts, read 10,310,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
but the family never got closure, and you may come to the conclusion, but I actually conclude it was God, who said enough. Keep in mind, the spirit of the dead girl could only affect emotion, not alter any physical aspects of the real world. Therefore, she couldn't have caused it to fall. But hey, its just a story, and fill in any outcome you like, thats what ambiguous endings are all about.
Oh well, who knows.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:24 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,122,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Has anyone watched Shenandoah? I watched it just for Glenn Corbett's eyes - but the story had me sobbing my eyes out by the end.

Maria Full of Grace is also a terribly sad movie.

I have heard Lilya 4 Ever is about the saddest movie ever made - I haven't summoned the courage to watch it yet.
Maria Full of Grace was sad, but she redeemed hersef at the end and did what she felt was right. I think it had a somewhat uplifting elemant at the end of it all.

Lilya 4-ever is my pick for the saddest movie-ever. Terribly bleak and heartbreaking. I do highly recommend it for people to see what is going on in other parts of the world and that slavery is still very real, but warning, have kleenex nearby.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:49 AM

3,022 posts, read 4,378,134 times
Not the saddest movie, but I thought some scenes in the Original Conan the barbarian were sad, especially when the love of his life gets killed.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 AM

17 posts, read 25,429 times
Hachiko: A Dog's Story
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or