U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 08:44 AM

253 posts, read 155,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I saw this awhile back. Hilarious, definitely worth watching.

Tippinturtle, as DC says, the picture is Fout and his companion, not the lady who complained about his texting.
Ah, I read it wrong. I thought it said Fout (left) & the other woman. I assumed by the way they said it she was in that picture w/him, lol. Anyway, I haven't heard anything more about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 01:54 PM

4,308 posts, read 11,464,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecypher5413 View Post
It is exactly this type of widespread behavior that is now considered the norm that I have not been in a movie theater in over 15 years.

It blows my mind that the guy considered HIS needs to disrupt the expensive movie-going experience for the people sitting around him so important that he felt ENTITLED to do what he did when he did.

I don't tolerate this kind of behavior very well and no doubt would have received more than a fine from the cops if I had challenged the guy. ("But, officers -- that old lady called me a f***ing a**hole! I've been slandered and I want her arrested!")
I guess I've been lucky where I live as I've never seen anything like this in the cinemas where I live. The worst I've experienced was when an elderly couple were watching a movie and the wife kept telling the husband what was going on without lowering her voice.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:09 PM

2,065 posts, read 4,035,222 times
Isn't there something - like a short ad - before movies start that says "TURN OFF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES, PLEASE"?

People get very nervous about checking their messages, texts, emails, etc. as if they were about to receive the job offer of their lives or were waiting for a marriage proposal (ok, ok, both would never be done over the phone, I am just trying to find examples)... when in fact I would say maybe 80% of those very messages are just a load of unimportant things that could go without checking/responding for days, if not forever!

Have you ever noticed people on planes? The thing barely touches the ground and they all go crazy about checking/responding to their messages... that is just hilarious, imo.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM

21,464 posts, read 22,698,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I guess I've been lucky where I live as I've never seen anything like this in the cinemas where I live. The worst I've experienced was when an elderly couple were watching a movie and the wife kept telling the husband what was going on without lowering her voice.
When I went to see Harry Potter a few weeks ago, the guy half of the college-aged couple sitting next to me had apparently never read the books or seen any of the other movies, because he was all, "who is that?" "why are they going there?" "what does that mean?" until I shushed him.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:52 AM

13,374 posts, read 40,153,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
Isn't there something - like a short ad - before movies start that says "TURN OFF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES, PLEASE"?

People get very nervous about checking their messages, texts, emails, etc. as if they were about to receive the job offer of their lives or were waiting for a marriage proposal (ok, ok, both would never be done over the phone, I am just trying to find examples)... when in fact I would say maybe 80% of those very messages are just a load of unimportant things that could go without checking/responding for days, if not forever!

Have you ever noticed people on planes? The thing barely touches the ground and they all go crazy about checking/responding to their messages... that is just hilarious, imo.
There is indeed an announcement, which many theater-goers ignore, either on purpose or by mistake. Drives me crazy.

Being a slave to convenience can be a trying situation, for both the Blackberry owner as well as anyone nearby.

Old 08-06-2011, 10:47 AM

2,065 posts, read 4,035,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

Being a slave to convenience can be a trying situation, for both the Blackberry owner as well as anyone nearby.
I agree, and I don't mind them being slaves to convenience, as long as their convenience does not inconvenience me!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:18 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,079,367 times
Pfft...that guy got off easy. I would have smashed his phone.....Belushi style

‪guitar smash‬‏ - YouTube

Old 08-06-2011, 12:21 PM

1,695 posts, read 1,507,035 times
Important text my ass. More likely needing to respond urgently to "Whassup ?" or "Wat U doin' ?"

These cops who responded should be tarred and feathered in public, along with those cops who raided the organic food store with guns drawn. And all the others all puffed up with their own sense of power and importance.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:28 PM

3,868 posts, read 7,420,264 times
The woman in my opinion is a hero. I have had it with this over technological world and these gidgets and gadgets. This woman's actions speak for many of us. I hail her as a legend!

Old 08-06-2011, 12:29 PM

20,862 posts, read 22,440,374 times
That's why I don't go to movies very often. That and screeching children.

Oh however did people survive before cell phones?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or