U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 AM

394 posts, read 1,296,052 times

Advertisements

Very good movie. It seems to be one of those not-so-well-known movies that anyone who has seen it even once many years ago can recall just by hearing the title. A sort of semi-classic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 06:49 AM

43,858 posts, read 43,559,234 times
I loved this movie. It stayed in my mind long after the movie was over. What an interesting story concept.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:10 AM

1,086 posts, read 1,764,997 times
I was not a big fan of Christophers, but I loved the movie and it's still one of my all time favorites. Gee, now I wish it would come back on again.

Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 AM

13,104 posts, read 17,634,355 times
Yes I loved that movie and Christopher Reeve was a true superman to me and an all around nice guy . Im sorry he is gone as well as his wife . I loved this movie and the hotel where some of the scenes were filmed is still standing today and receives guests from all over the world . I love when Jane Seymour talked of him and his wife and how truly sorry she is that she can no longer see them or hear from them . Apparently she made good friends of Christopher and his wife long after the movie . I would love to take a trip and see that hotel where some of the filming is done . One of my all time favorite movies .

Old 08-15-2011, 08:22 AM

3,872 posts, read 7,600,475 times
When I was little, I was in LOVE w/ Christopher Reeve. I watched this movie about 10 times.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:23 AM

901 posts, read 1,950,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes I loved that movie and Christopher Reeve was a true superman to me and an all around nice guy . Im sorry he is gone as well as his wife . I loved this movie and the hotel where some of the scenes were filmed is still standing today and receives guests from all over the world . I love when Jane Seymour talked of him and his wife and how truly sorry she is that she can no longer see them or hear from them . Apparently she made good friends of Christopher and his wife long after the movie . I would love to take a trip and see that hotel where some of the filming is done . One of my all time favorite movies .
The Grand Hotel, on Mackinac Island in Lake Huron - just to the east of St. Ignace, Michigan. It is a WONDERFUL place, and I'd love to go back some day. I was there in the Fall of 1992, and took a tour all around the island - including the hotel. I have some panoramic photos of the front of it, and well as the lawn below. It's an interesting place...they have a history gallery off of the one lobby, and you can find that portrait of Jane Seymour hanging on the wall....at least it was there when I visited. I imagine it's still there. You should really go if you get a chance. The island is only accessible by ferry, and even though Richard (Christopher Reeves) is shown driving up to the hotel, there actually are no cars permitted on the island. But you don't need one...it's all very walkable, with lots of shops and restaurants, and horse-drawn carriages. Very nice place to take a quick vacation.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 AM

10,119 posts, read 16,716,797 times
Loved it. Very interesting and a total classic.

Christopher Plummer and Christopher Reeve... mmmmm.

Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 AM

253 posts, read 155,638 times
That's funny this thread is here because I was just thinking about it this weekend. I too felt totally bad for him at the end of the movie. It was like a bad nightmare. My mom loves this movie, I don't remember all of it.

Old 08-15-2011, 03:51 PM

901 posts, read 1,950,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tippinturtle View Post
That's funny this thread is here because I was just thinking about it this weekend. I too felt totally bad for him at the end of the movie. It was like a bad nightmare. My mom loves this movie, I don't remember all of it.
Watch it again, and it will all "come back" to you. LOL! Get it..."come back"...like when old Elise went to see Richard at the theater after his play, handed the pocket watch to him, and said "Come back to me".

Old 08-16-2011, 01:57 AM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Watch it again, and it will all "come back" to you. LOL! Get it..."come back"...like when old Elise went to see Richard at the theater after his play, handed the pocket watch to him, and said "Come back to me".
Oh man, that part at the very beginning, it was quite creepy for me!
If some old hag came up to me and said the same thing, I would be on the phone calling all nearby cuckoo nests to see if one flew over recently!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or