Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 04:05 AM

95 posts, read 136,274 times

Advertisements

I think its worth watching movie..
Now I m eagerly waiting for watch The Help movie...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yes I loved that movie and Christopher Reeve was a true superman to me and an all around nice guy . Im sorry he is gone as well as his wife . I loved this movie and the hotel where some of the scenes were filmed is still standing today and receives guests from all over the world . I love when Jane Seymour talked of him and his wife and how truly sorry she is that she can no longer see them or hear from them . Apparently she made good friends of Christopher and his wife long after the movie . I would love to take a trip and see that hotel where some of the filming is done . One of my all time favorite movies .

Even they way Christopher and his wife passed on in real life was so moving...I cried while at the same time, spiritually intrigued by the love they obviously shared. (I'm a hopeless romantic!)

"Above Suspicion" is another excellent movie with Christopher Reeve and eerily paralleled with how he was confined in a wheel chair in the end.

btw - just got back from a pleasant vacation and thought to give every post on this thread that I could, rep points.

Old 08-22-2011, 06:05 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I liked "Time After Time" a lot better, Mary Steenburgen's first role. Also, the original "The Tiime Machine" with Yvette Mimieux.

Oh, and we love that movie as well (part of my movie collections.)

Old 08-24-2011, 11:10 AM

8,317 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
I liked "Time After Time" a lot better, Mary Steenburgen's first role. Also, the original "The Tiime Machine" with Yvette Mimieux.
Those two are an absolute classic. I was crazy about the 1960's Time Machine with Rod Taylor and Yvette Mimieux. Each time I watched it, it felt like I traveled 100 minutes into the future!

I would travel back in time for Jane Seymour or to the future for Yvette Mimieux just as long as I could get back to brag about it on C-D!

Old 08-24-2011, 11:40 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,489,416 times
Time travel movies are my favorite genre, and any movie that has to do with time travel, I watch. Some are good, some are bad, some I like, some I don't. But Somewhere in Time I definitely love. It's not really a time travel movie as it is a love story really, time travel is just a tool they use to make the principals meet. My other favorite time travel movies are Time After Time, The Time Machine (the original one with Rod Taylor), The Time Traveler's Wife, Time Rider, The Final Countdown and of course my all time favorite movie of all, Back to the Future!

Old 08-24-2011, 04:01 PM

8,317 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
Time travel movies are my favorite genre, and any movie that has to do with time travel, I watch. Some are good, some are bad, some I like, some I don't. But Somewhere in Time I definitely love. It's not really a time travel movie as it is a love story really, time travel is just a tool they use to make the principals meet. My other favorite time travel movies are Time After Time, The Time Machine (the original one with Rod Taylor), The Time Traveler's Wife, Time Rider, The Final Countdown and of course my all time favorite movie of all, Back to the Future!
Don't forget the 80s classic "Philadelphia Experiment". Then the funny ones like "Idiocracy" and even "Hot Tub Time Machine"!

Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,017,299 times
Quote:
It was never made into a movie, but the book Time Out of Mind is very evocative, and has similarities to Somewhere in Time (as well as the book Time After Time.)

I always thought that Time Out of Mind would make a great movie.

The Time Machine is an all-time favorite. "Books? We have books..."

Old 08-25-2011, 01:23 PM

1,615 posts, read 3,580,789 times
Quote:
awesome list!

Old 06-20-2016, 11:18 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,834,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerschris
Christopher Reeve is my personal favorite actor of all time. I loved the somewhere in time movie it was well done. and captures sadness and eventually happiness at the end, loved Jane Seymore in it.

Is hollywood afraid to do these types of movies or is it just that many of them are independent and I dont see them?

I love this movie and other Reeve movies as well. hey and im only 25.
I have heard of this but cant find the orginal movie (WITH THE ORIGINAL MUSIC) - All I can find is "Some music rescored" and for not seeing it,I DONT WANNA SEE IT LIKE THAT (Another movie ruined by the greed that took over in the 80s)

Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insightofitall View Post
Yes, it's one of my all-time favorite movies. A true classic.

Oh...as for why they don't make movies like this anymore? It's probably because Hollywood is too busy making animated nonsense, or action thrillers that show blood and guts and sex, or else they want to make weird crap about mind-controlling psychotic aliens who walk among us...or something like that. In short, there's very little in the way of true entertainment these days.
So sad and so true. However, the selection is based on which genre will sell the most tickets/DVDs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies