U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 10:33 PM

541 posts, read 796,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Next thing you know they'll run out of superhero franchises or 1980s films or cartoons to remake and start making films based on cheesy 90s sitcoms. "We'll remake Family Matters as a movie, but it will be edgy, and Urkel will solve a mystery involving a gang of jewel thieves."
Maybe the plot can center around what happened to the Winslow's third child Judy. Oh yeah, we have three children........

*A few years later* Here's our two children Eddie and Laura......??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 01:41 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Now there's even a remake of Footloose -- good freakin' grief already.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:06 AM

14,693 posts, read 22,460,513 times
Speaking of the Red Dawn remake, whatever happened to it? Thought it was supposed to come out a while ago. Will most likely be terrible but I am curious.

Old 08-26-2011, 09:19 AM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Speaking of the Red Dawn remake, whatever happened to it? Thought it was supposed to come out a while ago. Will most likely be terrible but I am curious.
Last I heard it was being totally recut.

The original cut of the movie had the U.S. being invaded by China. But the studio deemed that too politically incorrect, so they told the filmmakers to recut the movie, turning the invaders into North Koreans, which is hilarious.

I haven't heard what happened to it after that though. I thought it was supposed to be out already.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:17 PM

9,972 posts, read 14,014,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Last I heard it was being totally recut.

The original cut of the movie had the U.S. being invaded by China. But the studio deemed that too politically incorrect, so they told the filmmakers to recut the movie, turning the invaders into North Koreans, which is hilarious.

I haven't heard what happened to it after that though. I thought it was supposed to be out already.
Yes, because unlike the 80s when we were eager to fight the Russkies as bad guys in film after film(even in the boxing arena!), our trading partner/debt enabler/sort-of rival China isn't too keen to being portrayed as a possible future aggressor invading the United States. Can't lose that foreign film market...

I'm curious as to how North Korea would manage to invade the US. What, was everyone out sick that day?

Old 08-26-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryhoyarbie View Post
Maybe the plot can center around what happened to the Winslow's third child Judy. Oh yeah, we have three children........

*A few years later* Here's our two children Eddie and Laura......??????
Judy Winslow suffered from "Chuck Cunnigham Syndrome" named after Richie Cunnigham's older brother on the first season of Happy Days, in which a TV character goes up stairs a the end of an episode and never returns. Incidentally the character suffering from this syndrome, will not just never return, but their entire existence will never be mentioned for the duration of the show.

But, yeah--maybe Family Matters: The Search for Judy would do a bangup job at the box office.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:23 PM

14,693 posts, read 22,460,513 times
Quote:
Yes, because unlike the 80s when we were eager to fight the Russkies as bad guys in film after film(even in the boxing arena!), our trading partner/debt enabler/sort-of rival China isn't too keen to being portrayed as a possible future aggressor invading the United States. Can't lose that foreign film market...

I'm curious as to how North Korea would manage to invade the US. What, was everyone out sick that day?
hehe. The Russians had to get help from Cuba and other Latin America allies. Cripes, even Iran would probably tell NK to go screw.

Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Maybe it will be Mexico -- oh wait..

Old 08-26-2011, 03:54 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,713,491 times
Quote:
I'm much more afraid of Godzilla ravaging the West Coast than I am of North Korea invading the United States.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
hehe. The Russians had to get help from Cuba and other Latin America allies. Cripes, even Iran would probably tell NK to go screw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm much more afraid of Godzilla ravaging the West Coast than I am of North Korea invading the United States.
I read that they had to spend $1 million in post-production after the film was completed to turn the Chinese solidiers in the plot into North Koreans. I guess they had a bunch of scenes with Asian actors and figured, hey, Chinese, Koreans, what's the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies