U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 05:30 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,975,313 times

Advertisements

Many movies are made about famous/infamous people in human history. Is there a historical figure's life you would like to see made into a movie ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2011, 06:41 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,163,085 times
I have been wishing for years someone would make an epic (it would have to be an epic!) about the great Carthaginian general Hannibal who, with an army which included elephants, marched over the Alps and attacked the Roman Empire in the Second Punic War in 218 BC.

Old 08-26-2011, 07:48 PM

9,972 posts, read 14,017,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I have been wishing for years someone would make an epic (it would have to be an epic!) about the great Carthaginian general Hannibal who, with an army which included elephants, marched over the Alps and attacked the Roman Empire in the Second Punic War in 218 BC.
That'd be a great epic...Although with Hollywood today, they'd probably make it over the top CGI like the film 300.

Personally I've always thought the story of Chief Joseph of the Nez Perce and how they fought off the US Calvary for 1300 miles across Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana and almost escaped into Canada would be a good film. It'd be a drama with a lot of action, good scenery, and poignant story, and a good protaganist with Chief Joseph.

Another one--they've made a movie about mafioso Joey Gallo before--but I just read the book the Mad Ones--and it'd be a real good story if you got the right director and actors to do it right. Gallo led a rebellion against his own aging mafia boss, but he also was hanging out with beatniks, jazz musicians, and writers in Greenwich Village in the 60s and 70s. I know mafia stories are kind of overdone at this point, but Gallo is sort of an interesting figure, at least the way he's portrayed in the book.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 PM

371 posts, read 973,315 times
As a rock music fan, I've been anxious to see a biopic of the eccentric Keith Moon of the Who. Who enthusiast sites often give updates on/that a picture is in the works with Nick Cage as guitarists Pete Townshend. This has been going on for years now, so I'm tending to believe this picture is just wishful thinking.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:35 AM

3,074 posts, read 3,975,313 times
William the Conqueror would be my pick. The issues he overcame and the many political complications were pretty astounding.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:29 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,163,085 times
Theodore Roosevelt would be another great biopic. His time as president was probably the most boring part of his life but the rest was quite exciting , from his days as frontiersman in North Dakota to his charge up San Juan Hill with the roughriders in the Spanish American War, to the time he got shot as he was giving a speech running for president (he finished the speech) to his time on safari in Africa. Oh, I forgot one more thing, as a young boy he even observed Lincoln's Funeral. A full life indeed which would make for a very entertaining movie.

Old 08-27-2011, 08:44 PM

5,500 posts, read 4,413,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
William the Conqueror would be my pick. The issues he overcame and the many political complications were pretty astounding.
Me too!
I would also like to see a remake of "Madame Curie." The first woman to win the Nobel Prize in science.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:04 PM

9,444 posts, read 14,983,675 times
Some of the Russian Historical figures really deserve a movie:

Peter The Great
Ivan The Terrible
Rasputin

Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM

15,072 posts, read 19,718,275 times
BASS REEVES

Born a slave, he ran away to the Indian Territory (after beating up his owner, some claim) and lived among the Seminole Indians. He later became one of the most feared U.S. Marshals in the West.

BISHNU SHRESTHRA

For his full story, go to: Infantry: One Gurkha, 40 Bandits, No Contest But to sum up:

a.) He was the only guy to come to the defense of an 18 year old girl about to be raped by 40 armed bandits.

b.) He took on all 40 bandits by himself.

c.) He brought a knife to a gunfight.

d.) He still kicked all their asses.

e.) Chuck Norris is afraid of this guy.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:03 PM

356 posts, read 521,822 times
Genghis Kahn
Jimi Hendrix
Ernest Hemingway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or