Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:34 PM

156 posts, read 288,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by straka91 View Post
Hopkins
Hanks
Sandler
Definetely. And Jennifer Lopez, if one considers her an actress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 01:09 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runuova View Post
Steve Buscemi

Anthony Hopkins

Steve Buscemi is one of the most versatile supporting actors in Hollywood and Anthony Hopkins play Hannibal Lector among other challenging roles.

Old 09-07-2011, 01:48 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Steve Buscemi is one of the most versatile supporting actors in Hollywood
He's always the weird guy.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:01 PM

62 posts, read 69,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Klato View Post
1. Jason Bateman
2. Ryan Reynolds
3. Jonah Hill
4. Michael Cera
5. Christopher Mintz-Plasse
6. Bill Hader
7. Seth Rogen
8. Emma Stone
9. Steve Carell
10. Justin Long
11. Jay Baruchel

All play the same role in every movie. They are niche actors. The Oscars should create an award for this type of acting. I enjoyed the movies that they have done but i am somewhat over the type of characters that they always portray.
Dead wrong on Jonah Hill. He may have a distinctive appearance, but his roles were very different on, say, Superbad and Cyrus. He was also a vulnerable fanboy on Get Him to the Greek. I actually think the kid could be a talented actor. I'm stoked for Moneyball, too.

Michael Cera? Did you not see Youth in Revolt? He literally played split personalities. I can understand this sentiment with regard to Cera more than Hill, but this is mainly a problem with casting directors and producers. I think Cera has a future in a multiverse of roles, too. Maybe even tough-guy roles if he were to get some gym time (hey, Johnny Depp did it!).

Old 09-07-2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Not that I have a problem w/ it, but Liam Neeson's been in alot of movies lately where he just comes in and kicks everyone's a$$! lol
He's been doing that for awhile. Rob Roy comes to mind. Still a solid actor, though.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Steve Buscemi is one of the most versatile supporting actors in Hollywood and Anthony Hopkins play Hannibal Lector among other challenging roles.
Agreed. Buscemi in Boardwalk Empire is the stuff of legends.

Hopkins has been resigned to character roles for awhile now.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by califorlorn View Post
Dead wrong on Jonah Hill. He may have a distinctive appearance, but his roles were very different on, say, Superbad and Cyrus. He was also a vulnerable fanboy on Get Him to the Greek. I actually think the kid could be a talented actor. I'm stoked for Moneyball, too.

Michael Cera? Did you not see Youth in Revolt? He literally played split personalities. I can understand this sentiment with regard to Cera more than Hill, but this is mainly a problem with casting directors and producers. I think Cera has a future in a multiverse of roles, too. Maybe even tough-guy roles if he were to get some gym time (hey, Johnny Depp did it!).

I agree w/ you on both counts here.

I think the typical Michael Cera "character" is probably just wearing some sort of hooded sweatshirt. (lol, and it's probably red or blue...)

Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM

How Kevin James doesn't make anyone's list is beyond me, by the way. That guy is not just the same in any movie, he's the same in every single appearance he's made in video format.

Then again, that's the nature of comedic roles. There's some intellectual dishonesty in filling your entire list with a casting call from SNL or Paul Rudd movies.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:03 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,082,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adric View Post
Jason Statham easily. I don't bother with his movies anymore because I already know the story arch just by knowing he's in the movie. Tough guy has a hard life but is trying to make an honest living, he gets into some ****, meets hot girls in the process, tough guy in him comes back out and kicks ass, saves the day and gets a better life for himself but not in the original intended way, roll credits.

Done. I just summarized the plot for his next film.
LMAO, you got it! His films are just eye-candy IMO.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:55 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,921,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by califorlorn View Post

Jonah H played the same character in Super bad, saving sarah marshall, and get him to the greek. The vulnerable but lovable, dorky, overweight guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies