U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,971,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
Ben Afleck's acting ability has improved greatly in the past 10 years or so.
He was absolutely brilliant in The Town!

I agree about Ben Afleck, he definately is coming into his own, and I don't see him as boring at all. Maybe in gigli, but who wouldn't have been. And to tell you the truth I was a bit hard on Matt Damon. Most of his movies I have liked and I take that pic back. He really isn't boring. That was a bad pic that I can't take back because with the time alloted they won't let me. So I can only clarify it in this post. Matt Damon is not boring at all. I really don't know where my head was at with that one. Hey, I'm human and people can be wrong sometimes. I actually have liked most of his movies.

One actor who isn't neccessarily boring but who rubs me wrong is Bruce Willis. I get sick of that arrogant grin he gives in every performance. I don't think of him as a good actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 PM

861 posts, read 857,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Tom Cruise.

He has two expressions.
Boring and screeching
, which is also boring.

20yrsinBranson
LOL nooo tom cruise is crazy he's far from boring

Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM

6,232 posts, read 7,428,237 times
Most of the people named here are boring because they are just acting like themselves. They take the same "type" of roles because the producers are looking for their "type". Good actors take roles that make them stretch and actually think about being someone closer to the character they're portraying.

Old 09-24-2011, 12:40 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,847,197 times
Jesse Eisenberg [Social Network/Zombieland] - Not only is he boring, but talks too damn much and too fast. He plays the same part in every movie.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:37 PM

7,843 posts, read 11,172,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Most of the people named here are boring because they are just acting like themselves. They take the same "type" of roles because the producers are looking for their "type". Good actors take roles that make them stretch and actually think about being someone closer to the character they're portraying.
Agreed. I think what B.Pitt was saying about Aniston was telling even if he had to backtrack. She seems boring. Her movie choices are boring. Her acting is always the same.

Old 09-25-2011, 03:45 PM

43,858 posts, read 43,618,725 times
I think most celebrities are probably extremely narcissistic and have a tendency of being somewhat one dimensional. They play themselves because they think they are more interesting than they really are. We are interested too....but only in the first couple of movies. After that, we become bored with them.

It's the actors that can morph from one character to another who stand the test of time.
Jack Nicholson, Meryl Streep, Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, Russell Crowe, Cate Blanchett....just to name a few.
They may all be equally narcissistic, but they seem to get lost in whatever character they play ...rather than the character getting lost in them.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,134,909 times
Ed Helms is so boring I cannot watch him.

Old 09-26-2011, 10:18 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,694,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Ed Helms is so boring I cannot watch him.
He's is hilarious!! Very very funny. Comedy is not as easy as people think but it's also subjective. Not everyone will find the same thing funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies