U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:57 PM

2,725 posts, read 3,961,224 times

Advertisements

I have given this some thought. Only a few really stand out, but I think that Josh hartnet (I think that's his name) is so darn boring in every movie he makes. I can't see for the life of me why Hollywood (out of all aspiring actors gives this lump movie roles).

Another one that I can think of is Nicholas (I'll put you too sleep with my voice) Cage. God awful boring actor. It's no wonder his best role was that one about Las Vegas where he was a drunk. Probably didn't have to prepare to much to act drunk. Just talk normal and slur your speech..So boring to watch.

I can't think of anymore right now, because I am tired, but I will add more later. these two nit wit actors are downright boring to watch. No character and no charm...Uhh, still wondering how they get roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 PM

17,356 posts, read 3,528,493 times
Agree with you on Cage...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I have given this some thought. Only a few really stand out, but I think that Josh hartnet (I think that's his name) is so darn boring in every movie he makes. I can't see for the life of me why Hollywood (out of all aspiring actors gives this lump movie roles).

Another one that I can think of is Nicholas (I'll put you too sleep with my voice) Cage. God awful boring actor. It's no wonder his best role was that one about Las Vegas where he was a drunk. Probably didn't have to prepare to much to act drunk. Just talk normal and slur your speech..So boring to watch.

I can't think of anymore right now, because I am tired, but I will add more later. these two nit wit actors are downright boring to watch. No character and no charm...Uhh, still wondering how they get roles.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:22 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,999,384 times
Boring actors:

Samuel L. Jackson
Keanu Reeves
Hugh Grant
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Tom Berenger

-Cheers.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:46 PM

15,527 posts, read 29,233,815 times
Tom Cruise.

He has two expressions.
Boring and screeching, which is also boring.

20yrsinBranson

Old 09-12-2011, 07:06 PM

6,256 posts, read 10,328,754 times
Weird, I cannot come up with a single one. Perhaps because it never occurred to me or applied to me as an issue. Bad actor or annoying actor or boring movie yes but a boring actor....no.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 PM

852 posts, read 1,167,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post

I agree with you in regards to Nicholas Cage with just one exception. I really enjoyed the Weather Man which is odd because I typically don't enjoy his movies at all.

Haven't see enough of Josh Hartnet to have an informed opinion but I did like 40 days and 40 nights.

The two that come to mind are Keanu Reeves and Chris Klein.

Old 09-13-2011, 06:18 AM

3,225 posts, read 6,123,192 times
Agree about Harnett, he makes me feel like I'm on valium.

For actresses, I'd say Scarlett Johannson. I'm sure some will counterattack that with "but she's hot", though I need more than sheer looks to go on. I find her very wooden and one-dimensional.

Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,989,075 times
David Duchovny - I liked him in the first 3 seasons of X-Files, but he developed this monotone way of acting I just can't enjoy.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 PM

8 posts, read 9,195 times
Ed Norton. Everyone seems to love him, not me. Scarlett Johanssen. Those are the first that popped into my head. I'll think of more.

Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM

861 posts, read 1,057,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Boring actors:

Samuel L. Jackson
Keanu Reeves
Hugh Grant
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Tom Berenger

-Cheers.
I gotta disagree with Samuel L. Jackson.

Keanu Reeves
Josh Hartnett
Chris Klein
William Petersen
Chris O'Donnell
Jessica Biel
Vanessa Hudgens
Claire Danes
to name a few...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies