U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haley James View Post
I am a fan of dance movies. I know I know.....
I love this scene : )

Breakin' - Ain't Nobody - YouTube

& song!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 02:07 PM

358 posts, read 387,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Scene from 'Treasure of the Sierra Madre'
Outlaw mountain bandit [Alfonso Bedoya] says to gold prospector [Humprey Bogart] 'Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges'.
Okay I'll admit....I've never seen a Bogart film This sounds interesting. Would love to see a clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2ShiningC View Post
From Annie Hall - Alvy Singer (Woody Allen) has just finished having his first dinner with his new girlfriend Annie's (Diane Keaton) family, when Annie's younger brother Duane (Christopher Walken) calls Alvy into his room:

Annie Hall - Dwayne (Christopher Walken) - YouTube
Hahaha!! I won't be asking Dwayne for a ride home anytime soon .....

Onto my list as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusqueHappy View Post
...oh. Well I guess we can't be friends then

You tease!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I love this scene : )

Breakin' - Ain't Nobody - YouTube

& song!
LOL OMG that was amazing!! Footwork at 1:39 was sweet Thanks D

Old 10-16-2011, 03:25 PM

1,366 posts, read 1,702,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusqueHappy View Post
Both Children of a Lesser God and Annie Hall are on my "to watch" list, BUT

Confession: I simply cannot stand Woody Allen. It's visceral and it existed long before his scandalous life story emerged. I've never been able to watch more than 10 seconds of his acting without feeling like my nails were being dragged across a chalkboard.

I've never been able to figure out why this is and I recently watched a classic Woody Allen movie *just because* - and I cannot remember much about it other than that it was torturous just to sit through it.

I have never had any "Woody Allen" lookalikes in my life or gotten food poisoning while watching his films and I never even heard of him until college. How strange is that??

Maybe that makes him the greatest director of all time ??!!
I don't know, I've always loved his movies, well, until "Husbands and Wives," which creeped me out after the Soon Yi whatever her name was scandal (although I thought it was a good movie). I can see where he would get on your nerves, though.

I have actors that I just really don't like and I can't really say why exactly. I never liked Richard Widmark but no clue why. Just how we're wired, I guess.

Old 10-16-2011, 03:55 PM

I only watched the first clip, I forgot what a great movie that was, I have to go rent it.

All the dance clips are fun, I love the first thing you see in one is the wrist bands - so eighties.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:12 PM

From Amadeus: Salieri recalls his first encounter with Mozart and his music:

Amadeus - Voice of god - YouTube

Old 10-16-2011, 06:59 PM

358 posts, read 387,372 times
Quote:
From Amadeus: Salieri recalls his first encounter with Mozart and his music:

Amadeus - Voice of god - YouTube
Oh yesssss!! Amadeus, what an awesome film. This is a definite rewatch for me Stunning monolouge.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:31 AM

885 posts, read 1,272,515 times
Amadeus is a gem!

The Magic Flute scene is engrossing

Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM

10,892 posts, read 13,010,885 times
Quote:
I don't know, I've always loved his movies, well, until "Husbands and Wives," which creeped me out after the Soon Yi whatever her name was scandal (although I thought it was a good movie). I can see where he would get on your nerves, though.
I haven't seen all of his movies, though I loved Annie Hall and thought Sleeper was just hilarious.

I think his films are hit or miss, but he definitely has a way with humor and the 'awkwardness' (sometimes a little too awkward...) of human interaction & relationships, lol.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 PM

There's a scene in 21 Grams where Naomi Watts's character is listening to the last voice message left by her dead husband over and over again... One of the saddest scenes evah!

(Trailer) 21 Grams - YouTube

Old 10-17-2011, 10:25 PM

Naomi Watts and the incredibly breathtakingly beautiful Lara Harring deliver many memorable scenes in Mulholland Drive...

Naomi's solo couch scene is one of a kind (no pics, sorry)

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or