Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 02:53 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,217,702 times

Advertisements

I like slice of life movies and I like Paul Rudd and know he doesn't always do comedy, so when I read some initial descriptions months ago I made mental note to keep an eye out it.
Its now on Time Warner Cable Movies On Demand as an either same day release to pre-release movie for 6.99.

Sorry to say I just thought it went nowhere. Even though I don't particularly like Emile Hirsch(?) I thought it was well acted, production values were ok (my way of saying it didn't look cheap) but the number of long shots of trees and fields with weird music, the two actors with zero dialog, the story that really didn't seem o have anything to say. Don't know what happened to this thing but somewhere they lost focus or direction or something.

One of the few movies I kept thinking, i don't need to keep watching, this is just........absolutely flat. I did finish but there was no sense of reward at all. Just entropy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2013, 11:25 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,240,283 times
We just watched this movie last night. We thought there was a big twist in it that made it *much* more interesting and made you think more carefully about everything they were saying and everything that was happening. I haven't seen any mention of this twist in the viewers' reviews or critics' reviews that I've read.

Do NOT read this spoiler if you intend to watch the movie:

Spoiler
At the beginning of the movie, some text comes onscreen telling us about the wildfires in Texas that year, of all the damage it caused, including the deaths of four people. If you'll notice, until the very end, there are only four characters in the whole movie; Alvin, Lance, the old man in the truck, and the old woman who lost her home. They are the four people who died in the fire. (The people at the end of the movie cutting down the trees and performing cleanup are living. They exist after the other four have died. You see Alvin and Lance drive by them in the last scene, but the other people don't even look up. It's because Alvin and Lance are "ghosts," so they're not really in the same "dimension."

That was our interpretation, anyway. Does anyone else agree?

Old 12-19-2013, 12:20 PM

643 posts, read 917,867 times
Soooo boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies