Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Can we pleez put Donner to bed now????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM

146 posts, read 508,918 times
Yeah I really hated it when Hollywood was talking about how much this superman has changed. How he's better, he doesn't have the red underwear, he doesn't have the lock of hair in his face, his suit is darker blah blah blah. This superman looks old to me. His hair is back & he looks bald. His suite has a bunch of tiny S's on it. What superhero especially a new one is goin to put that much detail into a suite. Other then that his suite does look kind of cool but I like the older version better. They did that with the new batmans, I hated that he had no color just black in his suite. No yellow & black just black & I absolutely hated his batmobile, it looked like a hummer, tank. But other then that the movies are cool & go with the comic's more in that he really doesn't kill his enemies. My friends loved the new batmobile then when I showed them the older version like one the first 2 batman movies & the one on the 3ed batman movie they agreed that they were cooler looking. Anyhow The superman movie does look pretty good, in the beginning I didn't like how he looked & I said it looks dumb but now Im excited about the movie & im thinking they may do a good job on it. I do wish they had the other actor that was on Superman Returns, that's how superman should look to me but that movie was horrible. If they do good on this movie & maybe the second & add some villains that we know like Metallo & Bizzaro maybe the superman franchise will be good. If they do a good job then they can start on Flash, wonder woman & aquaman & make a Justice league movie like they were suppose to do 5 years ago. Hopefully DC gets it together like Marvel did for Avengers

Old 05-24-2013, 10:06 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,834,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorac View Post
If they do a good job then they can start on Flash, wonder woman & aquaman & make a Justice league movie like they were suppose to do 5 years ago. Hopefully DC gets it together like Marvel did for Avengers

Old 06-14-2013, 06:11 PM

2,156 posts, read 3,333,163 times
My wife and I just got back. Really enjoy this movie. Hands down our favorite comic hero movies. I liked it more than the Batman series, more than the Iron Man series, Captain America movie, and Avenger movie as well.

9.5/10 Stars.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:06 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,475 times
The Dark Knight Reigns. I had such high hopes for this movie, I left the theatre with a headache, no plot, no story,just a bunch of computer generated graphics, lacked realism, a waste of time and money. I've waited so long for a better Superman movie just to be let down. Seems the movie will have a part 2, maybe it can be resurrected, I will not hold my breath. It is unfortunate for the DC comic hero.

What a crock, Metropolis was obliterated, totally destroyed by Zod where millions upon millions of innocent people were killed, Superman couldn't save but 5 of them, lmao, and the very next day Clark Kent shows up at the Daily Planet as a reporter, wow, Metropolis was built in a matter of minutes/hours. Movie was a total disappointment.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:10 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
This movie was quite awful. Complete sensory overload (saw it in 3D), just constant explosions and a garbled mess of a plot. How could no one on planet Earth recognize Superman as Clark Kent by the end of the movie when he just destroyed half the planet after fighting with Zod?

The best superman movies to date are still by far and away the animated features offered by DC.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:53 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,694 times
Just watched Man of Steel last night. I thought the movie was great. My second favorite of this summer's blockbusters behind Star Trek Into Darkness.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:43 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post
The Dark Knight Reigns. I had such high hopes for this movie, I left the theatre with a headache, no plot, no story,just a bunch of computer generated graphics, lacked realism, a waste of time and money. I've waited so long for a better Superman movie just to be let down. Seems the movie will have a part 2, maybe it can be resurrected, I will not hold my breath. It is unfortunate for the DC comic hero.

What a crock, Metropolis was obliterated, totally destroyed by Zod where millions upon millions of innocent people were killed, Superman couldn't save but 5 of them, lmao, and the very next day Clark Kent shows up at the Daily Planet as a reporter, wow, Metropolis was built in a matter of minutes/hours. Movie was a total disappointment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
This movie was quite awful. Complete sensory overload (saw it in 3D), just constant explosions and a garbled mess of a plot. How could no one on planet Earth recognize Superman as Clark Kent by the end of the movie when he just destroyed half the planet after fighting with Zod?

The best superman movies to date are still by far and away the animated features offered by DC.
After Prometheus, I gave up on having high hopes for remakes or any upcoming blockbusters for that matter. Fibonaccie, that part definitely had me scratching my head and I imagine there will be another, Hopefully by then they'll have a better script.

I agree with much of what you both had to say, and I also wasn't thrilled with the demolition of the city, and over all it lacked much of a cohesive plot, took itself a bit too serious, but on the other hand, I love having my senses on overload sometimes, so very much enjoyed that aspect, so for an alien invasion movie, thumbs up, as a superman revision movie, it failed on too many counts. I enjoyed watching most of the battle with the man of steel and Zods two warriors (not sure what to call them,), but not so much the battle between zod and man of steel, sort of nodded during that.

Over all, I think it was a fantastic alien invasion movie, but superman who? Go for the theatrics, but not so much if you are looking for a newer greater take on the Superman series. It's possible they may improve on it in time, it had potential, but it was just over the place in this first installment

Old 06-15-2013, 09:20 AM

1,087 posts, read 1,947,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by red4ce View Post
Just watched Man of Steel last night. I thought the movie was great. My second favorite of this summer's blockbusters behind Star Trek Into Darkness.
My two teenagers thought it was great as well, which is what kept me from walking out of the theatre, but what do they know, their era of PS3, xbox, pc games rule the day.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:50 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,273,802 times
If you want a movie with characterization, plot, or even a hint of subtlety, you don't hire Zack Snyder to direct. Look at the guy's resume. He makes 120 minute video games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies