Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 03:57 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,230,742 times

Advertisements

What can I say? I'm in the minority here that liked Footloose. My daughter (15) was wanting to see it, so we saw it today and really enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 07:38 PM

8,320 posts, read 13,450,418 times
At this point it is obvious that re-makes are for the newer generations who are too young to either have seen or know about the original one. Those who are fans of the original often do not care for the remake of their favorite movies and movie-makers know that hence their target audience being the younger, CGI-favoring dimwits. Film-makers want to make as much money from a tried-n-true plot by using newer technology as well as actors who are currently in the limelight so the audience can relate to the story and enjoy the movie better. Let's face it, the more remakes you know of, the older you are! =(

Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
This wasn't really a remake, but Tron Legacy was far better than the first one

Old 10-17-2011, 10:16 AM

19,714 posts, read 20,244,680 times
Everybody cut, everybody cut.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,577 times
I'm just holding my breath they don't go anywhere near Sixteen Candles. The day that happens....ARGH!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:36 PM

2,245 posts, read 4,232,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post

That being said, I think the best 'remake' of Footloose is the movie "Totally Awesome" (2006). It's totally stupid but also totally funny.

Totally Awesome DANCING IS MY LIFE! - YouTube
I enjoyed that film as well.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:37 PM

353 posts, read 1,001,213 times
Saw the remake yesterday....have to say it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. (I was 15 when the original was released..) The lead in to the reason dancing/music was banned was better explained than the in original. Willards character seemed a bit less "dim" than Chris Penns portrayal. Which I enjoyed. Rusty? Ehh give or take. Ren? Kevin Bacon will always be the better of the two. Ariel? Jullianne Hough is/was much better. Could be the looks...could be the dancing?!?!?
Chuck Cranston was also a much better character in the original
I could have done without the remakes of all the songs...
The reuse of some of the classic lines was done well...

Overall, I'd say it is an okay remake...maybe a 6 out of 10...

Old 03-07-2012, 08:03 AM

8,948 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Rented from Redbox last night.......my take on it:

I know the original Footloose almost by heart......dialogue and scenes. There was a LOT of dialogue in the second Footloose that was in the first. The second one was definitely more up-to-date with all the drinking of beer and foul language (at any moment I expected to hear the "f" bomb, but didn't happen). This movie was filmed entirely in Georgia whereas the first movie was more of a western town (with a grain mill). There were no blacks in the first movie either. In this movie, everyone drove a car or truck while in the first movie the high school kids drove motorcycles and cars. The first movie had the tractor face-off in a farm/field type place while the second was on a racetrack with buses. The fight scene, at the end of the first Footloose, was a lot less violent than the one in the second/new one. Ren smoked a cigarette in the first movie, nobody smoked in the second. There were a number of scenes that were sort of duplicated from the first.

Which one did we like the best......Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer for sure!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies