U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:23 PM

1,030 posts, read 938,332 times

Advertisements

Drive was hard to watch the violent scenes were so gross!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM

2,721 posts, read 3,637,713 times
Man Bites Dog (1992)
This is a mockumentary dark comedy. In the film a team of camera men follow a "serial killer" and film his crimes. However, they soon find themselves participating in the crimes to a greater and greater extent. I didn't find it very funny, but I found some scenes quite disturbing and violent because they seemed realistic.

Martyrs (2008)
I didn't watch it. Couldn't stomach this movie. I love the Saw series so that should tell you something about the film. Some people claim that this is the greatest horror movie of all time. I hope to one day be able to watch it, but I'm not sure I want that kind of psychological damage... some films are just too disturbing to be seen. This is one of those new horror genres more extreme then the "torture" movies-- "new French extremity horror." I recommend you watch at your own risk.

Last edited by h152cc2; 10-02-2011 at 06:50 PM..

Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 PM

627 posts, read 1,102,442 times
The violence shown in action movies is tolerable but movies like Saw are disturbing to me.

I don't watch movies like that. I tried to watch it out of curiosity. The content speaks volumes of the mind of the writers.

Old 10-03-2011, 07:04 AM

13,865 posts, read 13,545,555 times
That scene in "Unforgiven" with Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman....had to leave the theater until it was over. Violence did not used to bother me as much when I was younger; now I have a difficult time tolerating it.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 AM

4,033 posts, read 8,247,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
Drive was hard to watch the violent scenes were so gross!
This was the movie that I was going to mention: the scenes of violence began, abruptly and unexpectedly, 3/4 of the way through the film, and they were graphic and gratuitous.

I didn't really like the film up until that point and, then, when the violence began, it just went from bad to worse. I am kicking myself for even finishing it, although I put my hand up during the scenes of violence b/c they were just too much!

Terrible film.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:56 AM

1,345 posts, read 1,396,879 times
I'm going with "The Accused" with Jodie Foster for the rape scene. I hear "Irreversible" starring Monica Bellucci is worse and I will not see it. I find rape to be so morally reprehensible, that I will not tolerate to look at it portrayed on screen. If I had known how the scene in "The Accused" was going to be portrayed as it was, I would have never seen the movie.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:37 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,784,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Man Bites Dog (1992)
This is a mockumentary dark comedy. In the film a team of camera men follow a "serial killer" and film his crimes. However, they soon find themselves participating in the crimes to a greater and greater extent. I didn't find it very funny, but I found some scenes quite disturbing and violent because they seemed realistic.

Martyrs (2008)
I didn't watch it. Couldn't stomach this movie. I love the Saw series so that should tell you something about the film. Some people claim that this is the greatest horror movie of all time. I hope to one day be able to watch it, but I'm not sure I want that kind of psychological damage... some films are just too disturbing to be seen. This is one of those new horror genres more extreme then the "torture" movies-- "new French extremity horror." I recommend you watch at your own risk.
Yeah; I don't watch those type of movies. What draws me into a film is the story and development of it; not the gore or how much you can gross me out. Those horror films overseas are too much for me.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 15,964,314 times
Any movie with Steven Sagal. But the violence doesnt come from the movie. It comes from within me. Wanting to put my foot thru the TV screen! Because that man is absolutely the worst actor making the worst movies. I enjoyed my last prostrate exam more than seeing one of his movies!

Old 10-04-2011, 10:56 PM

3,569 posts, read 5,771,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
Does that include snuff films?
Yes. (No joke.)

I just get mad when it's innocent people, but I can watch through it.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:23 PM

5,382 posts, read 3,868,242 times
I think this movie was called An American Crime, not sure, older movie. But Ellen Page was in it. It was a true story about a girl and her sister who's parents left them with a woman and the woman and her kids beat, tortured and sexually abused this young girl and no did anything about it and she died. The abuse scenes were really hard to watch. I was sorry I did, because it bothered me and still does knowing this was a true story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or