Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 11:31 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times

Advertisements

What are some film franchises you can think of that won't die that need to? I'm hoping the Terminator franchise will die. Those have been dragged on since 1984 and seem to come out when Hollywood is low on ideas. Batman is another one that needs to go. We had four movies and then a reboot with two. Enough already. What are some other ones like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2012, 12:59 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Harry Potter...oh thankfully that's finished up. I hope Twilight doesn't drag on too long. There have only been 3 Terminator movies though, that's just a trilogy. I thought Dark Knight was overrated and I generally enjoy Batman movies. I think most movies based on comic characters plain suck though.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:30 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Paranormal Activity! Please, no more.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:36 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Twilight. WTF is with sparkling vampires?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:08 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,931,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Harry Potter...oh thankfully that's finished up. I hope Twilight doesn't drag on too long. There have only been 3 Terminator movies though, that's just a trilogy. I thought Dark Knight was overrated and I generally enjoy Batman movies. I think most movies based on comic characters plain suck though.
They're not doing too well with ancient radio shows, either, if you suffered through last year's at-long-last-finished-and-released The Green Hornet. (In truth, the new Black Beauty was better than the script or the acting.)

Now, franchises that need to die . . . in no order of how I think they'll withstand the detest of time . . .

Batman
Transformers (Nip it in the bud, I say!)
Twilight
American Pie (One was enough, two was pushing it, three was disaster, and don't be surprised if they're going to pull another one out)
Star Wars (Enough was too much about four films ago!)
Friday the 13th (Can't anyone kill Mr. Hockey Mask already?!?)
All National Lampoon films. (Which haven't been all that funny since Animal House, anyway . . . )
Star Trek (Reasonable minds may disagree on just when they should have quit while they were ahead; my own pick would be First Contact myself, but by now it's a wonder that there hasn't come a worldwide epidemic of Star Trek hatred extending even to the original television series and the best of the sequel series, The Next Generation and Voyager . . .)
Superman (I know, there hasn't been one in awhile, but why take chances considering how easily Hollywood runs out of ideas these days . . . )
Shake, Rattle and Roll (Proof that the Philippines can be just as gifted as Hollywood when it comes to making film franchises that were artistically bankrupt practically right off the bat . . .)

Old 01-15-2012, 06:22 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Paranormal Activity! Please, no more.
yes. The first was great. Then is got silly.

Bourne series. 3 great films, Now Bourne is being played by someone else? Really?

The Hangover. They are doing part 3, With a Mental illness theme. We love the boys and their adventures. But this is overkill.

Underworld. I love this series. This next one looks good, With a new werewolf breed. But i am afraid they will go overboard to make the cash. What's next? Zombie cyborgs.

G.I. Joe. a 3rd is written pending the success of the 2nd. Chessier then kraft macaroni and cheese on a warm summers day.

Terminator series:
No more CGI Arnold. Please! Christian Bale's outburst was more entertaining!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:28 AM

14,679 posts, read 14,641,413 times
Hangover 3? Good god, the last one was nothing more than a complete remake of the original with a different setting.
All franchises need to die, though I am intrigued by The Avengers as a finale to the Marvel comics franchise. I also will give the Apes franchise one more blockbuster before I consider it toast.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
I never liked Star Wars. Hate all the movies but love the spoofs love the ones on Family Guy

Old 01-15-2012, 09:35 AM

45 posts, read 100,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
I never liked Star Wars. Hate all the movies but love the spoofs.....
Dark Helmet?

Old 01-15-2012, 09:36 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,961,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Twilight. WTF is with sparkling vampires?
I know right!! Cause vampires are SO realistic! Sparkling ones though? Outrageous !!!!!!

I don't get the reason people r stuck in that .. Aliens coming out of someone's chest cool, a fat slug like creature who eats frogs awesome , a man that dresses in a skin tight bat costume genius , children walking around as wizards battling giant spiders a work of art! But a vampire that shimmers in the sun ? Overboard and unrealistic!!!! Idiots
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies