U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 PM

6,031 posts, read 4,709,633 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
Agreed! Glad there's a summer movie worth seeing that ISN'T a comic book spinoff.
Oh god yes. So sick of comic book movies. How many times can they be redone? Anyway, just a couple weeks til what I hope to be the best film this year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 06:26 PM

533 posts, read 293,933 times
Default So Agree!

I'm with you all on the comic book thing...I mean do we really need a new Spiderman???

I'm super excited about this film. It seems there hasn't been an excellent scary sci-fi movie in ages! I remember the very first Aliens movie...I think it was the first movie we watched on our monster beta VCD player. I remember being wrapped around my Dad's legs in sheer terror and us both screaming at the TV "Save the Kitty!"!

I can't WAIT!

Old 05-30-2012, 08:44 AM

4,199 posts, read 5,353,891 times
For those who care about such things, the first major review of Prometheus:

Prometheus: Film Review - The Hollywood Reporter

Bottom line of the review, pretty good movie, but not great.

I will see it regardless of what the critics say on this one.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:44 PM

9,122 posts, read 3,923,147 times
Alien and Bladerunner broke a lot of brand new ground that has since become the source of much imitation in the 30 years that followed. Scott must have been feeling ambitious to go back.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:28 AM

247 posts, read 120,080 times
I've been geeking out ever since I saw the trailer.

Since then, I've been watching the Alien movies every weekend. I didn't like Alien 3 as much...

Old 06-02-2012, 06:59 PM

6,286 posts, read 2,972,771 times
This might finally be the movie to get me back into the movie theater again. I loved the Alien franchise, I love Ridley Scott movies (Bladerunner, Gladiator). How can this go wrong? Please, please, Movie Gods, let this be a good picture worthy of the hype.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:43 PM

6,310 posts, read 3,279,359 times
You know, I'm so hyped to see this one more than any other, but I really have to not view that trailer again, I swear it's gonna give me a heart attack due to it reving my heart rate. What an absolutely incredibly thrilling trailer, even more so when you hear it in the theater.

I'm with you, renault, PLEASsssssssE let this be as good as the trailer. I believe it will, I was impressed with what I saw of the actors as well. If not, this is my last time paying to go to a movie theater. I'll just rent DVD from there on. Ugh, right after Darknight returns or Trans 4.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:07 PM

10,343 posts, read 7,333,622 times
Ok......is this or is this not an "Alien" prequel??? I've heard that it isn't.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:24 PM

6,310 posts, read 3,279,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Ok......is this or is this not an "Alien" prequel??? I've heard that it isn't.
I wasn't sure either, but I did some digging and found out Prometheus, started out being planned as a prequel, but ended up being written and filmed as a stand alone movie as stated in the write up in the link I've provided. Glad you asked the question and sorta happy it's not a prequel nor sequel, though it incorporates some eliments from that franchise.

What is Prometheus? | Prometheus Movie News

Release statements on how the ideas may have come about
Alien Prequel Now An Original Movie Titled ‘Prometheus’ With Noomi Rapace | Screen Rant

Old 06-03-2012, 02:48 PM

10,343 posts, read 7,333,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
I wasn't sure either, but I did some digging and found out Prometheus, started out being planned as a prequel, but ended up being written and filmed as a stand alone movie as stated in the write up in the link I've provided. Glad you asked the question and sorta happy it's not a prequel nor sequel, though it incorporates some eliments from that franchise.

What is Prometheus? | Prometheus Movie News

Release statements on how the ideas may have come about
Alien Prequel Now An Original Movie Titled ‘Prometheus’ With Noomi Rapace | Screen Rant
Bummer.....

I was hoping it was a prequel......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies