Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 12:20 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,419,211 times

Advertisements

It was okay...quite slow and I was not even scared once. My biggest compliant is that they actors did not make me "care" for them at all. The other Alien franchise(s) made a human connection.
If you want to see an excellent film, go see People Like Us (Chris Pine, Elizabeth Banks, Michelle Pfeiffer and some cute little kid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 09:54 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
It was kinda predictable. I saw it in IMAX 3D which was interesting.

Old 07-06-2012, 04:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Just got back from seeing this! I cannot understand the complaints......I was totally cool with this movie......This was indeed a prequel......I'd love to see what happened to Dr. Shaw once she makes it to the world of those engineers....Question though: Does Scott have a problem with having a male lone survivor?? This was Ripley all over again.....

Old 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM

Don't ya just love the the idiot scientist who says," Hey little buddy! What's your name?", to something that is clearly a threat??

Old 07-07-2012, 03:15 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,532 times
That's not a good enough reason to act like a child in Disneyland while taking part in a scientific exploration in an unknown planet many light years away.

I loved the movie but my only complaint is how this scientist and a few others acted like immature jackass-wannabes, took away from the "realism" of the movie for me....airheads like these would never become successful scientists, let alone be part of a scientific exploration in outer space, in real life !

"Oh hey, let's take off our head masks...the air seems breathable!!"

Give me a break...ffs .................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idi Arduini Fettucini View Post
He was apparently a biologist who loved all species of life no matter what enviroment he was in.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:35 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,217,887 times
There's the requisite scene (not unique to "Prometheus") of "the air seems breathable - I think I'll take off my helmet". I'm far from being a scientist or biologist, but what about the possibility of airborne pathogens/viruses/etc.? It is an alien planet, after all.

Old 07-07-2012, 06:52 PM

260 posts, read 473,070 times
It was an uneven mix of stunning imagery and some terrible clunky dialogue and characterizations more suited to a b movie. It didn't help that not all the actors were of the same calibre.
I didn't hate it but was disappointed.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 PM

696 posts, read 1,301,532 times
Yes it did but is that any sort of behavior by a group of scientists in a totally foreign environment, take their masks off just because the monitor says it is okay to? What about other dangers that may await somewhere (and as well know, it turned out it did!) !! It was immature and unprofessional, even I can see that, and I am not even a rocket scientist !!

Quote:
Didn't Holloway's monitor he wore on his arm indicate the air was breathable inside the temple? I believe it did.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
The big question I have is does Shaw reattach David's head in their route to the 'Engineers' home world?
I don't think she's that kind of scientist.....BUT...maybe ol' David can walk her thru the procedures....Hmmmmm.....

At first I thought she wanted to take the ship to the Engineers' world for some "Pay back"....you know....unleash their own canisters against them for trying to destroy earth.

But now ....I'm not so sure what her motive is....

Old 07-07-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Yes it did but is that any sort of behavior by a group of scientists in a totally foreign environment, take their masks off just because the monitor says it is okay to? What about other dangers that may await somewhere (and as well know, it turned out it did!) !! It was immature and unprofessional, even I can see that, and I am not even a rocket scientist !!

And trying to "pet" a hisssing snake thing!! Okaaaaaaaaay.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies