U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,490,760 times
Reputation: 2791

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1978 View Post
This sounds like another teen-novel movie revolution along the lines of Twilight that will annoy the living crap out of me. I'll pass.
It's nothing along those lines. Yes, it has a love story but other than that, they are nothing alike.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM
 
5,210 posts, read 8,811,221 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It's nothing along those lines. Yes, it has a love story but other than that, they are nothing alike.
And the love story is not the obsessive, wallowing, angst ridden stuff of Twilight, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Nassau/Queens border
1,481 posts, read 2,688,999 times
Reputation: 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1978 View Post
This sounds like another teen-novel movie revolution along the lines of Twilight that will annoy the living crap out of me. I'll pass.
Completely different. First of all the Twilight movies had horrible source material (Stephanie Meyer cannot write). The Hunger Games are written by Suzanne Collins who CAN actually write and write well. I hate everything that is Twilight but loved this series.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
 
Location: Nassau/Queens border
1,481 posts, read 2,688,999 times
Reputation: 1129
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It's nothing along those lines. Yes, it has a love story but other than that, they are nothing alike.
It's not even really a love story imo. I find it more a tale of survival. Loved these books.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
 
7,376 posts, read 12,531,104 times
Reputation: 6934
I actually think he is right. While the stories are nothing alike, I still think they will market and have made this for the twilight crowd. Iv'e read the book. It wasnt amazing. I dont believe they will stay true to the book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Atlanta, GA
696 posts, read 1,083,992 times
Reputation: 584
I haven't read the book and have no clue about the details except for what I have seen in the trailer. I am really looking forward to this and will be extremely pissed if it turns out to be high school crap like Twilight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,490,760 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I actually think he is right. While the stories are nothing alike, I still think they will market and have made this for the twilight crowd. Iv'e read the book. It wasnt amazing. I dont believe they will stay true to the book.
I have probably seen a good 15 minutes of the movie via clips and everything I have seen so far is clips straight out of the book. Even the dialogue is spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,490,760 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlonaG View Post
It's not even really a love story imo. I find it more a tale of survival. Loved these books.
Well, it does. But, it just isnt the main plot point like it is in Twilight. It supplements the story instead of being the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 02:34 PM
 
7,376 posts, read 12,531,104 times
Reputation: 6934
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I have probably seen a good 15 minutes of the movie via clips and everything I have seen so far is clips straight out of the book. Even the dialogue is spot on.
Well that is good news then. If you all say its worth seeing, then I will go see it. But ill let you guys go first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2012, 02:47 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,758 posts, read 9,490,760 times
Reputation: 2791
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
Well that is good news then. If you all say its worth seeing, then I will go see it. But ill let you guys go first
I am going to a midnight showing so I will be sure to post when I get home that night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top