U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
771 posts, read 1,050,832 times
Reputation: 438

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
That is why I am doing this information search which has become a position rationalization.

What age is your son?
Wow, okay so you are you going to be judgemental now? Again why don't you go discuss this in the parents forum not here. Let the people that actually know about the book discuss their plans for the movie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:34 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,328,559 times
Reputation: 6650
All of this was detailed above but you are too emotionally wrought over this film/book to stand any possible criticism. That really is the problem. PG-13 ratings do not exhibit a degree of violence but what is indicated but I have now read other reviews and spoke with someone personally who indicates it is violent.

Well, appears your are quite affected by these series of teenage intended novels. Hence my supposition.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-21-2012 at 03:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,328,559 times
Reputation: 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Wow, okay so you are you going to be judgemental now? Again why don't you go discuss this in the parents forum not here. Let the people that actually know about the book discuss their plans for the movie.

The other poster mentioned her son. She opened the door to that line of questioning not me.

In your zeal to find error and incredulity with me you overlooked the important part of that post and the antecedents to it.

I really am beginning to believe you are some sort of fan-child who is unreasoning. Good to know I have spent all of the this time communicating with an adult.

Last edited by Felix C; 03-21-2012 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:36 PM
 
5,210 posts, read 8,818,003 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
That is why I am doing this information search which has become a position rationalization.

What age is your son?
Irrelevant. It's more a maturity thing than an age thing, IMO.

What's right for my child may not be right for another child, KWIM?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,328,559 times
Reputation: 6650
Well. You mentioned it and I have asked for the age group intended for this film. PG-13 indicates younger than 13 with guidance. Perhaps your demographic is different than mine.

I agree with the second.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
 
5,210 posts, read 8,818,003 times
Reputation: 5865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
Well. You mentioned it and I have asked for the age group intended for this film. PG-13 indicates younger than 13 with guidance. Perhaps your demographic is different than mine.

I agree with the second.
My son is not yet a teenager. But my "guidance" over him will not stop when he turns 13, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:43 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
771 posts, read 1,050,832 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
All of this was detailed above but you are too emotionally wrought over this film/book to stand any possible criticism. That really is the problem. PG-13 ratings to not exhibit a degree of violence but what is indicated but I have now read other reviews and spoke with someone personally who indicates it is violent.
Several people have criticized it in this thread and said that they were not going to see it. I said nothing to them because it is their decision. But you made a general assumption about the movie and brought in the entire subject of how parents are letting their children see this movie. You my friend are the one that changed the direction of this thread. In fact you seem to be putting your emotions and personal beliefs into this.

I was just trying to fill you in that the movie's plot was deeper than you were making it out to be, and then you brought in the whole subject of parents and kids watching this. Don't believe me, go ahead and read back the previous posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:44 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,328,559 times
Reputation: 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
My son is not yet a teenager. But my "guidance" over him will not stop when he turns 13, either.
Understood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:46 PM
 
Location: Chicago, IL
771 posts, read 1,050,832 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
My son is not yet a teenager. But my "guidance" over him will not stop when he turns 13, either.
I agree. I was exposed to a lot of horror movies and violent movies, where I was probably too young to watch, but my parent's educated it on me enough that it didn't have an effect on my character and the way I behave. I knew it wasn't real and that it was just entertainment.

Kids are much smarter and exposed to things than people give them credit for. You can either guide them or pull them away, but pulling them away will only increase their interest in it and probably cause more problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-21-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Miami, FL
8,088 posts, read 7,328,559 times
Reputation: 6650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Several people have criticized it in this thread and said that they were not going to see it. I said nothing to them because it is their decision. But you made a general assumption about the movie and brought in the entire subject of how parents are letting their children see this movie. You my friend are the one that changed the direction of this thread. In fact you seem to be putting your emotions and personal beliefs into this.

I was just trying to fill you in that the movie's plot was deeper than you were making it out to be, and then you brought in the whole subject of parents and kids watching this. Don't believe me, go ahead and read back the previous posts.

Not at all. I am entirely impassive but fascinated at your contortions over this topic. I do not understand fan-ism.

But I have since the original posting found I am correct. The film has rather violent moments which an acquaintance who viewed the film was also surprised considering the rating.

I think you need to read back on yours and reflect on your conduct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top