U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 10:18 AM

771 posts, read 1,038,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
^^I was not responding to you but to a comment made by Roj.

The rest of your question is rhetoric sarcasm and not worth answering as I see you have also succumbed to immaturity and the need to spill vitrol because you are unable to manage an exhange of communication. Does not really sound as if you had the control you claim. Too bad for you.

It was a question about the film but you were unwilling to answer because to confirm would have placed moral doubts on the validity of adults watching teen homicide for pre-teen viewing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 10:23 AM

Anyway so back to the topic of thread since someone changed it's direction......The reviews are in it's good: The Hunger Games - Rotten Tomatoes

I think it's safe that it will be a certified fresh movie.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:27 AM

5,758 posts, read 9,442,295 times
Quote:
^^ToRoj...Well, look at who blew a gasket because they could not defend a position.

You are not in any manner qualified to make the parental claims you have made nor the child development ones as well. The manner in which you have taken a decided ill turn in the communication shows you have issues accepting criticism. I see I was correct all along in my initial judgement. Perhaps you should have watched less violence in your time so you do not then lose it on the Internet.

As with other fanism encountered I notice they tend to be blind and deaf to any counter arguments and then go on a rant as you have just done. Typical and predicatable.

I am sure my educational credentials will stand considerable scrutiny.

To chi... Actually I said you have yours and I have mine. I actually wrote that twice but you folks just cannot believe in that sort of thing and insist and so this continues.

This thread is who is going to see this film. I inquired about it and have not yet received a direct response to the question. (Which I know now.) No wonder you would not respond. You and the other fellow cannot let it go because the topic must fit your conceptulizations of right for yourself(ok) and everyone else(no).

You think I blew a gasket or lost it? I find this entire exchange humorous and have had a smile on my face the entire time. I can tell you that I havent blown any gasket or lost it at all. It is funny that someone takes themselves so seriously and thinks they are so distinguished on an internet forum.

I think you need to get over yourself and realize that this is an internet forum and not some philosophical discussion on parenting. I will parent my kids the way I want too and you do yours. I am sure all our kids will turn out fine.

I let my 9 year old daughter watch certain rated R movies. She is also in her gifted program, an excellent athlete, reads at an 8th grade level, and extremely well behaved so I see no issues with expanding her exposure since she is mature enough to handle it.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:32 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,242,226 times
^^I do think from your language. If not then you were, self-admittedly, rather too casually raised. If you smiled then perhaps you have other issues to have glee in insulting(again self-admitted).

I do not take the Internet seriously. I predicted the tenor of this discussion from the second response and knew those who continued would eventually have their rant and implosion moment for all to read. And you did. But deny all you prefer.

As for the second part, I agree and now state for the third instance- You do yours and I do mine.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
^^I do think from your language. If not then you were, self-admittedly, rather too casually raised. If you smiled then perhaps you have other issues to have glee in insulting(again self-admitted).

I do not take the Internet seriously. I predicted the tenor of this discussion from the second response and knew those who continued would eventually have their rant and implosion moment for all to read. And you did. But deny all you prefer.

As for the second part, I agree and now state for the third instance- You do yours and I do mine.
Yeah so can we just start ignoring Felix now? As funny as he is and full of himself, it's off topic.

Old 03-22-2012, 10:47 AM

696 posts, read 1,077,499 times
Looking forward to watching it this Sunday with a large group of friends . I did not read the book (and honestly don't care) so I don't know anything about the plot at all except for what's conveyed in the trailer, which makes it all the more exciting

Old 03-22-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikidII View Post
Yeah so can we just start ignoring Felix now? As funny as he is and full of himself, it's off topic.
It is off-topic but I am getting a kick out of it. In the words of the joker, "why so serious?".

Old 03-22-2012, 10:57 AM

8,088 posts, read 7,242,226 times
^^^Groupthink in action.

^I doubt you are getting a kick as you earlier lost it and dropped your veneer of control. I am sure that was a WTF? moment which belied your earlier "Uhhh, it's ok to watch violent stuff, I duh, saw it as a kid and am oright."

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Looking forward to watching it this Sunday with a large group of friends . I did not read the book (and honestly don't care) so I don't know anything about the plot at all except for what's conveyed in the trailer, which makes it all the more exciting
Yeah, I am probably gonna see it on Tuesday. Don't want to deal with all the crowds this weekend.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:09 PM

Apparently there is a full length Dark Knight Rises trailer before the movie. Pumped about that.

Running time - 2 hours 24 minutes. Longer than I thought but probably appropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies