U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-02-2012, 03:08 PM

623 posts, read 486,196 times
Default 2011 Razzie Awards

Looks like Jack & Jill won. Did not see the movie (too grossed out by the trailer already, sorry !!), but I am not surprised !

Adam Sandler's 'Jack and Jill' sweeps Razzie Awards | Inside Movies | EW.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:15 PM

5,765 posts, read 3,411,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Looks like Jack & Jill won. Did not see the movie (too grossed out by the trailer already, sorry !!), but I am not surprised !

Adam Sandler's 'Jack and Jill' sweeps Razzie Awards | Inside Movies | EW.com
This had to be Adam Sandler's WORST movie ever.

Old 04-03-2012, 05:57 AM

7,085 posts, read 6,816,714 times
Found the movie to be funny and a good waste of 2 hours. Not saying it was great or anything but i dont think its as bad as everyone says. The worst movie has to be Jonah Hill in The Sitter

Old 04-03-2012, 07:38 AM

4,235 posts, read 6,683,454 times
I don't understand how Adam Sandler keeps getting hired to make movies. He's the worst actor, his movies aren't funny and they almost always lose money. If he was a woman actor his career would've been over years ago.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:26 AM

5,765 posts, read 3,411,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilaili View Post
I don't understand how Adam Sandler keeps getting hired to make movies. He's the worst actor, his movies aren't funny and they almost always lose money. If he was a woman actor his career would've been over years ago.
I have to disagree with you there. Little Nicky, 50 First Dates, The Wedding Singer and Grown Ups are probably some of the best movies he's done. I think he was pretty good in The Longest Yard too.

Old 04-03-2012, 09:12 AM

I have mixed feelings about this fella. It is true that he has done a few good ones like 50 first dates and The Longest Yard, but I also understand how his stunts could get old first and some might find annoying. I myself find some of his movies annoying. I think the reason he is still a hit is that he performs a certain, "Adam Sandler" type comedy that has a core following, especially with younger guys -- it's like watching a train-wreck - you know what to expect (which is not much), and so you don't come out disappointed after watching his movies. I used to fall for his comedies 5-6 years ago (in my early-to-mid twenties) but lately I find myself avoiding his movies, so it could also be an age thing!!

Old 04-03-2012, 09:20 AM

7,085 posts, read 6,816,714 times
Quote:
Obviously you do not know what you are talking about.
First of all he formed his own company happy madison productions. So
how is he getting hired? Its his company.

Secondly he makes boatloads of cash for each movie he has been in. Where are you getting your information that he always loses money?

Jack and Jill has already grossed 140 million dollars against a 79 million dollar budget and thats not even considered a good movie. Do the math.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:32 AM

Skel1977 is right, love him or hate him, his movies gross well, even the relatively annoying ones!

Old 04-03-2012, 10:45 AM

5,740 posts, read 5,806,884 times
Quote:
He's not hired to make movies, he owns Happy Madison and produces his own comedies. He does get hired on as an actor in other's movies every once in awhile like Spanglish and Reign on Me. But, as others said, his movies gross a lot and since they are comedies without big name actors and special effects, his budget is low.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 AM

2,169 posts, read 1,370,150 times
I thought I saw his name in the credits of, "The Price is Right", as a producer.
IMO, he has gotten better since, "Happy Gilmore". I just couldn't bring myself to watch, "Jack and Jill". I almost never like when an actor/actress plays more than 1 role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies