U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:06 AM

2,160 posts, read 796,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
This would make for SUCH a great alternate history idea. If our future we had been able to share advanced technology and perhaps defeated Japan entirely through conventional means, what if there never had been an atomic bomb dropped? How different the world not under an atomic cloud? Would they go back to the future, it would be a whole different one.

If it was one where some of them didn't exist, then would they in the past?

I LOVE timetravel paradoxes.
You might enjoy this:
ISOT American 2002

The continental United States of 2002 is transported back in time to 1942. War's over, right? Not so fast. But I'll say no more about the tale.

Anyway, I haven't read it since it was first published 10 years ago in installments on the soc.history.what-if? message board, but it's all on one webpage that I was able to find (linked above). If you can get past the annoying apostrophe formatting issues, it's a read I recommend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies