Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which summer blockbusters will you be looking forward to the most?
The Avengers 7 38.89%
Dark Shadows 0 0%
The Dictator 0 0%
Battleship 1 5.56%
MiB3 1 5.56%
Piranha 3DD 0 0%
Snow White 0 0%
Prometheus 6 33.33%
Madagascar 3 1 5.56%
Abe Lincoln: VH 2 11.11%
Brave 0 0%
G.I. Joe 2 0 0%
Spider-Man 2 11.11%
Ice Age 4 1 5.56%
Ted 3 16.67%
Dark Knight Rises 3 16.67%
Step Up Rev. 0 0%
Total Recall 1 5.56%
Bourne 3 16.67%
DoaW: Dog Days 0 0%
Expendables 2 2 11.11%
NONE of the above. 2 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 11:37 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times

Advertisements

Well folks, it's that time again! The summer blockbuster season is right around the corner and it looks to be big for super heroes.... again.

For the 5th year, here's the "Big Boy" list
Title (Date)= 3D

----------------------------

- The Avengers (May 4) / Buzz: The long awaited and arguably, most hyped superhero movie ever finally hits the big screen. From the first Iron Man in 2008 to the Hulk, Thor, and Capt. America movies, The Avengers kick off the movie season in a MAJOR way.
poster

- Dark Shadows (May 11) / Buzz: The millionth Tim Burton/Johnny Depp movie is based off the 60's soap opera of the same name.
poster

- The Dictator (May 16) / Buzz: Sacha Baron Cohen comedy, this time taking on certain Middle East leaders.... oh boy.
poster

- Battleship (May 18) / Buzz: Another movie based off an 80's childhood favorite, only with aliens added. Think 'Transformers' on the ocean. Also, this is Rihanna's first big movie. Again... oh boy.
poster

- Men In Black III (May 25) / Buzz: Only that this is the thrid MiB film....
poster

- Piranha 3DD (June 1) / Buzz: ..... just look at the title. What do you think people going into this movie are thinking?
poster

- Snow White and the Huntsman (June 1) / Buzz: Live action Snow White seen in a different light...
poster

- Prometheus (June 8) / Buzz: Directed by Ridley Scott.... and could be the prequel to the Alien trilogy.
poster

- Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (June 8) / Buzz: The third Madagascar, and not much else.
poster

- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (June 22) / Buzz: Based off the novel of the same name and it is yet another vampire movie.
poster

- Brave (June 22) / Buzz: It is this year's big time movie for Pixar.
poster

- G.I. Joe: Retaliation (June 29) / Buzz: The sequel to the not so great 2009 movie. Also, The Rock is in this one.

- The Amazing Spider-Man (July 3) / Buzz: Reboot (?) of the Spider-Man franchise, a full 10 years after the first major motion picture featuring the web-head.
poster

- Ice Age: Continental Drift (July 13) / Buzz: The fourth instalment of the Ice Age franchise.
poster

- Ted (July 13) / Buzz: Seth McFarlane's first big motion picture.
poster

- The Dark Knight Rises (July 20) / Buzz: This will be the final movie, ending the trilogy for the Chris Nolan vision of Batman.... as far as we know.
poster

- Step Up Revolution (July 27) / Buzz: Not much. Sequel to a somewhat popular dance movie...
poster

- Total Recall (August 3) / Buzz: Remake of the classic Arnold film..
poster

- The Bourne Legacy (August 3) / Buzz: Apparently, it's not a prequel or sequel. It's an entirely different story.
poster

- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days (August 3) / Buzz: Sequel to the movie based off the popular book.
poster

- The Expendables 2 (August 17) / Buzz: the sequel to what you could call the ultimate man movie. With, Stallone, Willis, Schwarzenegger (actually DOING something this time), Lundgren, Rourke, Crews, Li, Statham, Norris, and Van Damme.
poster

Last edited by JJG; 04-18-2012 at 12:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 08:09 AM

244 posts, read 634,065 times
Prometheus looks amazing, can't wait.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:24 AM

696 posts, read 1,301,532 times
I voted for Prometheus, The Avengers, Expendables 2, Battleship and the Abe Lincoln movie. I have a feeling The Avengers will top the list, with Dark Knight Rises being a close second and Abe Lincoln and Prometheus taking up third and fourth positions. Let's see

Last edited by ronyusa; 04-18-2012 at 09:22 AM.. Reason: Forgot to mention Dark Knight, although I personally didn't vote for it.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:16 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
DEFINITELY will see in the theater:

Prometheus (my #1 most anticipated movie this summer)
The Avengers (my daughter will divorce me if I don't take her -- and I really want to see it too)
The Amazing Spider-Man

MIGHT see in the theater:

DARK KNIGHT RISES. Loved the last film. This one just isn't exciting me. Jury's still out.
BRAVE. Not excited by the previews. Tired of goofy Scotsmen in movies. But it's Pixar...
SNOW WHITE. Trailer actually made this look like a decent fantasy flick.

Don't care in the least about any of the others.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post

MIGHT see in the theater:

BRAVE. Not excited by the previews. Tired of goofy Scotsmen in movies. But it's Pixar...

That's something that most people will say about any Pixar film.... which is something Dreamworks CAN'T say.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,031,855 times
None of the above.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
None of the above.
None....?

Old 04-18-2012, 11:27 AM

22,917 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
That's something that most people will say about any Pixar film.... which is something Dreamworks CAN'T say.
Agreed.

Pixar has never made a bad movie. Some are definitely better than others, but they have yet to really make a stinker.

I remember being very underwhelmed by all the previews for Cars, but then I ended up really liking the movie. So even though I haven't yet seen anything on Brave that excites me, I'm sure I'll end up seeing it and liking it.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:50 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
Maybe "Rock Of Ages" which wasn't listed.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:02 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,462,454 times
Will see in theater:
Prometeus, I won't be missing out on this one.

Hope to go see in theater depending on the reviews:
Avengers, I'm pulling for this one
Battleship
Snow W & T H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies