U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 AM
 
758 posts, read 551,552 times
Reputation: 312
Default Sequels that are better than the original?

Just curious what sequels you think that are better than the original?

Here is my list:

Terminator 2
Batman Returns
Home Alone 2
Karate Kid II
Scary Movie 2
Gremlins 2
Child's Play 2
Aliens
Short Circuit 2
Ghostbusters 2
Back to the Future II
Poltergeist II
Bad Boys 2
Robocop 2
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

I am sure there is more but that is all I can think of for now
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 AM
 
19,922 posts, read 7,240,349 times
Reputation: 27205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Just curious what sequels you think that are better than the original?

Here is my list:

Terminator 2
Batman Returns
Home Alone 2
Karate Kid II
Scary Movie 2
Gremlins 2
Child's Play 2
Aliens
Short Circuit 2
Ghostbusters 2
Back to the Future II
Poltergeist II
Bad Boys 2
Robocop 2
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

I am sure there is more but that is all I can think of for now
The only two sequels that in my opinion are as good as or better than the originals are "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and "The Godfather II". The Godfather II is as good as the original, and the two merged together as "The Godfather Saga" (with the added footage) is even better.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:02 AM
 
758 posts, read 551,552 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley View Post
The only two sequels that in my opinion are as good as or better than the originals are "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan" and "The Godfather II". The Godfather II is as good as the original, and the two merged together as "The Godfather Saga" (with the added footage) is even better.
I forgot about the Godfather II, I thought it is better than the original
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 06:09 AM
 
7,265 posts, read 7,348,440 times
Reputation: 6574
wrath of the titans
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville/Afghanistan
328 posts, read 319,657 times
Reputation: 265
Elite Squad 2(Brazillian action film) manages to so much better than the first. On top of that, it's a smart, well made action movie.

It's on Netflix streaming.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 07:45 AM
 
775 posts, read 799,312 times
Reputation: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDFreaker View Post
Just curious what sequels you think that are better than the original?

Here is my list:

Terminator 2
Batman Returns
Home Alone 2
Karate Kid II
Scary Movie 2
Gremlins 2
Child's Play 2
Aliens
Short Circuit 2
Ghostbusters 2
Back to the Future II
Poltergeist II
Bad Boys 2
Robocop 2
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer

I am sure there is more but that is all I can think of for now
I have to strongly disagree about Ghostbusters 2 and Poltergiest II. I agree with Robocop II, which I feel was at least as good as Robocop. I also think that Aliens and Gremlins 2 were at least as good as their respective originals. I would add Superman II and Star Trek II.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
 
758 posts, read 551,552 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspe4 View Post
I have to strongly disagree about Ghostbusters 2 and Poltergiest II. I agree with Robocop II, which I feel was at least as good as Robocop. I also think that Aliens and Gremlins 2 were at least as good as their respective originals. I would add Superman II and Star Trek II.
Good call on Superman II

I liked Ghostbusters 2 than the first because it is a darker film and has a better villian

I can not remember why I like Poltergiest II than the first one but you and I can agree that the 3rd one sucked right?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Underneath the Pecan Tree
15,831 posts, read 19,329,059 times
Reputation: 6657
Scream 2

Jurassic Park: Lost World

Spiderman 2
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 08:18 AM
 
758 posts, read 551,552 times
Reputation: 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Scream 2

Jurassic Park: Lost World

Spiderman 2
Scream 2 is almost as good as the original, I could not say the same for part 3 however..have not seen Scream 4 yet....
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 AM
 
Location: Far from where I'd like to be
25,135 posts, read 30,803,918 times
Reputation: 36536
Friday the 13th Part 3 was fun for the 3D effects, but that was about it.

Agreed about The Wrath of Khan. The cast was on the top of its game, and looked like it was having fun to boot.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top