Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 03:51 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Slight spoiler!!!!!!

Why did "Miranda Tate" have sex with Bruce Wayne? I've been a Batman fan for decades and know about the lover/enemy relationship between Talia and Bats, but Talia in the movie didn't even seem like she had any admiration or lust for Batman. Was it to weaken him before his big fight with Bane?
Batman & her had a son together at some point. She was one of the women that got past he's cold heart. Her name didn't ring any bells with me I can't believe I missed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 04:27 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,318,327 times
I just watched it. Liked it, but didn't love it. IMO its the third best of the trilogy which stills means its good. TDK is the best and with batman begins being second. This really is third best IMO. Here were some issues.

1. Bane's voice. I couldn't understand him half the time, and then when Batman and him both spoke to each other, oh lord.
2. Speeches. Seriously, were all these speeches and rants necessary from Gordon and Alfred. I actually disliked Alfred and Gordon in this movie. Those numerous speeches they gave did nothing to the plot only make it drag.
3. Foley. One of the most pointless characters I have ever seen in a movie. He had way too much time for the role he played in this movie. He easily could have been eliminated from the movie and you wouldn't notice.
4. Dragging. This movie is long, and certain points dragged. This movie would have been a lot better if it was edited down by like 20 minutes or so.
5. Bloated plot. Yes it was.

The pros though:
1. Cat woman. Was pleasantly surprised by Hathaway. A very likable and interesting character.
2. Bane. Cool villain, pretty ruthless.
3. Overall entertaining and really provides a good end to the trilogy.

I liked it but I. Just think dark knight and batman begins we're significantly better.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:52 PM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Nolan has a thing for speeches that I find very annoying. Gordon, Alfred, and Lucius Fox all had speeches in The Dark Knight. Pacino speeched in Insomnia. In pivotal scenes, his characters tend to speak at one another rather than to one another. That, and Nolan's complete inability to direct a coherent fight scene are probably his biggest weaknesses as a director. It baffles that a man who directs such stunning chase scenes also directs such incoherent, boring fight scenes.

And Bale really should win a Razzy for Batman's voice. People are going to mock that for years. Deservedly so.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:23 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
[quote=Mark S

And Bale really should win a Razzy for Batman's voice. People are going to mock that for years. Deservedly so.[/quote]

I think that was Nolans idea... not sure but it would make sense.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:30 PM

I can completely understand the direction of making Wayne's voice different from Batman's. But does Batman have to sound like Dirty Harry with strep throat and severe constipation?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:59 PM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,902,608 times
To be honest, Bale's Batman voice is the ONLY thing I hate about the entire trillogy. It's like he was trying too hard to be intimidating.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:03 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltheEndofTime View Post
Yes...you've answered your own question <-----This

I was very taken back by her. Didn't see that one coming.
Saw it coming a mile away; besides, how else was there to be a lead into future hookup with Batwoman during that comotion. I know it was just a kiss, but.

I'm with you all on the voice thing, couldn't make out a lot of what Bane was mumbling, don't much care for bat boy's voice either, but still very much enjoyed the movie way more than I expected. Was very pleased.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:29 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,771 times
I thought it was good, but not great. Living up to the Dark Knight was a major challenge (thanks to Heath Ledger). Although I liked Bane's character, I never really thought of him as being strong enough to carry a major movie such as this one. Suffice to say, I think Riddler and Penguin would have been better choices for the audience to psycho-analyze, much like the Joker. Overall I was impressed with the structure of the storyline, but as someone else mentioned, it came off as a bit lengthier than it should have been.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:51 PM

345 posts, read 643,134 times
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed the dialogue being drowned out by the effects or overly-dramatic music. I wasn't sure if it was the acoustics of the theater or the movie itself. If the latter is so, that entire sound-editing department should be tarred and feathered, and never let back in Hollywood. Either way, it was the most distracting aspect of the movie for me. I noticed it a little bit early on...and it just got worse as the movie progressed, and it took away from what I thought was a so-so movie in the first place. Seriously, this is a majorly anticipated blockbuster, and you can't get the sound right? There were a few Bane lines that I missed, but he wasn't that bad overall.

As for the other aspects of the movie? So-so. I deeply loved The Dark Knight...hell, I feel like a Star Wars geek saying that the first one was good, the second one was GREAT, and the third one lacked. I enjoyed the way it ended, but the rest of the movie struck me as over-ambitious and unfocused. Anne Hathaway kicked ass though.

Oh, and I didn't mind Batman's voice...mostly because I found it comical at times.
Favorite line from The Dark Knight? "I'M NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!"
Favorite line from this one? "WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?! WHERE'S THE TRIGGER?! WHERE'S THE TRIGGER!?!?!"

Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM

I've never understood the affection for the Riddler. He's always struck me as the most juvenile of all the Batman villains. When you play it for laughs (Frank Gorshin, Jim Carrey) it can work. But for these more serious stories? It wouldn't work. He's just too goofy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies